Matty J's 2015 WDK Carbon RIP

Ducky

Back in the game!
I didnt sink. I havent ridden it yet. When I tore down my RN, I knew my OEM starter was going back. It whines like crazy. I didnt have another OEM starter but had a very nice aftermarket starter, so I put that on the motor. The combination of my small battery, compression and AM starter wasnt good. It wouldnt crank it over. I thought it was the battery so I bought another battery yesterday, installed it, and same thing. It cranked over fine with the spark plugs out. So this morning I installed that OEM starter that I have that is going bad....it sounds terrible lol but ski fired right up. Probably going to toss it back in the water shortly.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Wow, this thing is awesome!!!! Just took it out and I am smiling ear to ear, and all the frustration can be put aside. I didnt mess around too much because I was riding myself but this hull is so playful and easy to ride. Ill write up a more detailed ride report, but im going back to ride b*tches!

gAVk00o.png

great watching your build. I'm about a week behind so it is a useful reference for me. The steering cable routing is a good suggestion that I plan to implement. Any other secrets regarding routing lines, cables, the exhuast hose?

Ducky

Back in the game!
great watching your build. I'm about a week behind so it is a useful reference for me. The steering cable routing is a good suggestion that I plan to implement. Any other secrets regarding routing lines, cables, the exhuast hose?

Test fit everything like 5 times lol. I literally put the motor, tank and pipe in 5 times together to make sure I wouldnt run into a problem right at the end. When routing the cables, the straighter, the betterx so every directional change you should make as gradual as possible within the hull. I didnt really have any issues with the exhaust....just needed to make sure I had the right sized pipe to make my exhaust hose long enough, and luckily, RRP pole tubes work perfectly. And it sounds meannnnn! It really sounds more like my ski has a powerfactor now than a b-pipe.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you may have here or in a PM. Ill do my best to answer your question, or find you the answer.

Ducky

Back in the game!
I use aluminum intercooler pipe for my exhaust tubes. Guess I was spoiled starting life with an Octane...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-x-18-Lo...174-/121623797200?hash=item1c5157ddd0&vxp=mtr

Yea that would have worked too! I got a long piece of aluminum tubing from a race shop locally but the diameter was too small, so I just tried to RRP tubes and worked out great. And I didnt have to trim is so I still have an extra full length set....one will just have a bunch of gas and oil through it lol.

Top Bottom