my -4 years SN project - no rocker, no short ;-)

my -4 years SN project - no rocker, no short ;-)

hi,

here´s my german SN build.
i want to lower the hull. most people here try to make their SN´s look more like a RN, but i want to maintain the SN-typical look with my build.

i did the motor and other things over the last years and i like it, so i decited to do the hull this winter.

here are some pics of the process. they say more than thousand words............

Attachments

• IMG_7614.jpg
    IMG_7614.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_7620.jpg
    IMG_7620.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_7624.jpg
    IMG_7624.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_7626.jpg
    IMG_7626.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_7613.jpg
    IMG_7613.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Boris

The Good Old Days
Love the hood and pole mount. I just marked up a spare hood for cutting in a similar way.

Keep the pictures coming. Need to see that nose when it's done.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Jener Ski schaut nett an. ..I liebt die Kohlefaser und die andere Herstellung. Steigen Sie auf Deutschland!

Nice, did you use foam to fill that void? I have thought many times about that to fill the deep voids then glass over the top to make it nice, I like it, looks pimp! and wont blow off when you sub it repeadily.

Thanks for your interests on my build!

thats thing is looking pretty good.

gonna put a roundnose pole on it though?

I had that in mind (because of the look) but people here in germany say i should go with my SN-AC-alu pole, because its more durable for the surf.

what do you think is better? what are your experiences with the RN-Pole in rough conditions? need some input....

Love the hood and pole mount. I just marked up a spare hood for cutting in a similar way.

Keep the pictures coming. Need to see that nose when it's done.

i will keep you updated. not much process in the build, because im busy at work :thumbsdown:

Nice, did you use foam to fill that void? I have thought many times about that to fill the deep voids then glass over the top to make it nice, I like it, looks pimp! and wont blow off when you sub it repeadily.

Yes, i foamed the voids with 2-part "polyurethan" foam. i built a "template" out of "extrudiertem polysterolhartschaum"-pieces (covered with duct-tape) to match the lines of the hood and the nose. later i will glas over that.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
welll... the roundnose pole is easy to shorten and if ptu back together the right way is very strong.

unfortunately i was a dummy when i shortened mine and put a few cracks in the cast piece while chiseling out the old fiberglass.

mine didnt even make a full season before i cracked the cast aluminum base in half.

but if its done right it will last a long time.

thanks for your replies.

i have a question about the xmetal pole setup: do the dual breather tubes in the bracket provide enough air for my 771ccm - 46mm mikuni single carburated - 62T/61X engine? i thought of running the hood completely closed (without a liner and without breathers). that way i could save some weight and spare a lot of work on the hood. i ran the SN stock hood over the last years with one of the two breathers closed and had never had a problem with it, so i thought my idea could work. please tell me what you think about it. thanks

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Hey, East Germany!

Hallo Kamerade!
Ich bin originalerweise aus Sachsen-Anhalt.

Top Bottom