My new R.E.V. ski from Waterdawg

weak bottom end, must go big bore to get past that. Mid range and top speed are good though. I could not tune out the bottom end lag that the stock motor has. I tried many, many combos

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider the stock bottom end of the 800 weak. My ski runs pretty good I would say. Its comparable to my 5mm Riva Stroker. Also have to remember that the whole time you tried tuning in the stock motor wasn't water pouring in the cylinders from the leaking manifold? We know what kind of hp loss that was,tremindous.

I wouldn't consider the stock bottom end of the 800 weak. My ski runs pretty good I would say. Its comparable to my 5mm Riva Stroker. Also have to remember that the whole time you tried tuning in the stock motor wasn't water pouring in the cylinders from the leaking manifold? We know what kind of hp loss that was,tremindous.
You should run a 80mm setup then

I am for awhile, and am anxious to see what a stock motor runs like without the water leaking in and a plugged carb jet. All I was saying is that it had some nuts, relax, your still the big dog.:biggthumpup:

KING? Oh, you must of meant QUEEN!!!!! lol They are just GIRLY motors you know? LAter.

Jeff

:biggthumpup: Werd! People on here seem so afraid of change. Sure a Lamey motor makes good power, but it is not the most power out there. I think it is great that you are using the 800 power plant.....It seems to make alot more power and do it quite reliably. Your posts are great...keep it up no matter what the hatters want to think......guys like you is what will keep this sport alive.....now they just need to make pro-freestyle run what ya brung so that pro riders can realy take advantage of the things that you and some others are capable of offering!:hail:

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
It sank to bottom of the lake!!! I put that big old motor in it and took it out to the lake for a test run. I put my 90-pound son on it. He hit the throttle and boy did it jumped straight up out of the water about 20 feet and came straight down. It looked like he was doing a Swan dive. He did a sub under the water. At that moment, I was so proud of him. He came up about thirty seconds later with out the ski. What the xxxx did you do, came out of my mouth? You see that motor also runs under the water for a period of time, he forgot to let go of throttle and it just kept going straight down. The only thing I can think of is that it got stuck in the mud. Now I have to get the PRO of sunken ski’s to go find mine – Skywalker are you for hire?
One $10,000 custom ski, having fun with the kid at the lake, loosing your new ski on the first run, PRICELESS!!!!.

No that didn’t happen at all, but with my luck it is not out of realm of possibilities. The ski is basically done and waiting on a motor. When I started this build, I had an X-Jet with a 701 stroker motor in it. Well it didn’t last the summer before the motor broke. So we are putting the stock 66E motor in it instead of rebuilding the 701. I am in the process of buying parts for my second motor. I hope to have it competed soon. I am lacking a head and after talking to Jeff he said he would build me one. He says he will have it soon. I am also buying a new TL from JSS and John will wire it up for me. This will be coming in November. It should all come together in November. It is real hard looking at it each time I go to the garage. Here are some pic's of the X-jet with 66E in it. :cheer: :headbang:

Attachments

• DSCN0424.JPG
    DSCN0424.JPG
    617 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN0422.JPG
    DSCN0422.JPG
    636 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0425.JPG
    DSCN0425.JPG
    649.7 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN0438.JPG
    DSCN0438.JPG
    633.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
Brian,
Is that you in the pic? If so, DAMN DUDE YOUR SMALL!!!!!!!!! lol And you want to ride the REV-12.............Oh my, my, my you have some BALLZ!!!!!! I'm just kidding, actually, kinda jealous. Wish I weighed only 75 pounds. Anyways, it is good to put a face with the voice, Brain. Now I can picture what the smile will look like on your face after you get some time on your REV hull.

Jeff

Top Bottom