Custom/Hybrid my obsession back flip hull ??

wow !?!?!?! i did not now that my built would make a big discusion like this , but let me explain this ,i do not want to go in this bussines of building backflipp hull's !!!!
i did this built for myself and i put my own ideas in this built , i still do not now if it will work out ,because until today i did not even test it !!
but what i do now is that , if you want to make a living of it , a hull of 5,6 or 7 thousend dollars is not overpriced .i did put countles hours into this projekt and i even do not now if it will work out , i have to test ride it first and if it works well than it is okay ,but if it does not ,than i have to change things and built a new one . i mean for me it is just a hobby and i do not count my hours , but if you hire people that make those hull's you have to pay there salaries , invest in materials , test ride ,make changes ,try again , and on and on .
i can make a topdeck and a bottomdeck and sell as a built it your own projekt , but that has been done before !!!
the reason i started this thread , was that i wanted to let you guys now what i was building , and not start a discusion like this !!!

Penken

whoomp there it is!
wow !?!?!?! i did not now that my built would make a big discusion like this , but let me explain this ,i do not want to go in this bussines of building backflipp hull's !!!!
i did this built for myself and i put my own ideas in this built , i still do not now if it will work out ,because until today i did not even test it !!
but what i do now is that , if you want to make a living of it , a hull of 5,6 or 7 thousend dollars is not overpriced .i did put countles hours into this projekt and i even do not now if it will work out , i have to test ride it first and if it works well than it is okay ,but if it does not ,than i have to change things and built a new one . i mean for me it is just a hobby and i do not count my hours , but if you hire people that make those hull's you have to pay there salaries , invest in materials , test ride ,make changes ,try again , and on and on .
i can make a topdeck and a bottomdeck and sell as a built it your own projekt , but that has been done before !!!
the reason i started this thread , was that i wanted to let you guys now what i was building , and not start a discusion like this !!!

dont get me wrong here. i´m not bashing you here.
if you want to build hulls and sell them for 2000usd. thats a good thing.
not being bashful to builders here. they can build what ever they want and sell it for what ever they want. just getting agitated(sp?) on people complaining about prices when they arent that steep.

dont get me wrong here. i´m not bashing you here.
if you want to build hulls and sell them for 2000usd. thats a good thing.
not being bashful to builders here. they can build what ever they want and sell it for what ever they want. just getting agitated(sp?) on people complaining about prices when they arent that steep.
i now you are not bashing me , but where does a price of 2000 dollars came from ?? , i never spoke about money !! and as i explained in my last post , when you do count al the hours it is impossible for that kind of money .
are there any aftermarked hull's in sweden ???

Penken

whoomp there it is!
i now you are not bashing me , but where does a price of 2000 dollars came from ?? , i never spoke about money !! and as i explained in my last post , when you do count al the hours it is impossible for that kind of money .
are there any aftermarked hull's in sweden ???

not refering to anything you said.

this was what i responded to
I'm diggin this build. I'm really impressed with the quality thus far and your attention to detail. And all from scratch too...

I'm with Kevbo, there needs to be some middle ground between a $900 stock SJ hull and a ~$4k glass bob hull. Something in the middle in that $2000-2500 range. Because as much as i'd love to have a middle of the road aftermarket hull... its just outta my reach.

It'll get there... Just takes some time.

there are a few aftermarket hulls here. but none of them are made here :)
a rickter a few bobs a wammer wcf i think.

there are some guys in finland who has made there own carbon hull. dont know if the finished it yet.

View attachment 156612View attachment 156611i have decided to make some adjustable motormounts , so i can play with the motor position if needed .
the more i look at the ski , i think the next ski will have the topdeck a little lower than this one . i have some no needed space above the motor , what do you guys think ??

this build is awesome i plan to attempt one myself, one question what is the aluminum tube that goes where the driveshaft is? is it like a race for the driveshaft obviously the driveshaft goes inside it but just wondering the specs on it,also what kind of bonding material is that?

swapmeet

Brotastic
Penken, all i'm saying is that I believe that in the not too distant future a ~$2500 aftermarket hull will be available. The people who can afford $5-10k for a hull will have bought one and the manufactures will have to look at what market segment is left to sell to. It won't be a carbon bob, freak, xfs, but it will be more freestyle oriented than a stock hull. I have nothing to base this off of except general business knowledge.

Sorry to get off topic on your thread pallety. Looking forward to your updates.

Penken, all i'm saying is that I believe that in the not too distant future a ~$2500 aftermarket hull will be available. The people who can afford $5-10k for a hull will have bought one and the manufactures will have to look at what market segment is left to sell to. It won't be a carbon bob, freak, xfs, but it will be more freestyle oriented than a stock hull. I have nothing to base this off of except general business knowledge.

Sorry to get off topic on your thread pallety. Looking forward to your updates.

You get what you pay for

telefoon foto's 001.jpgthe ski has paint on it ,and the pole i powdercoated black .it looks amazing and it becomes more and more a ski !! i will try to make and post more pics tomorow .??
i am busy wit teatching mx schools this week , so no hard work to the ski this week !!

telefoon foto's 005.jpgtelefoon foto's 004.jpgtelefoon foto's 003.jpgi am on a vacation in italie right now , and i brought the ski with me . i did the last few things here and i am gona test ride it in a few days !! i can't wait to ride it the first time !!

great looking ski , you have some serious talent there , so how does it ride and what engine and pump did you fit in there ?

Top Bottom