Custom/Hybrid my stunt hull build

CIMG0044.jpg

motor and ebox are ready to go now.dropped hood and rideplate of to painter and still hasnt started on it.. soo hopefully soon. I used the same sleaving on my ebox that jss uses just to clean it up a little.

Waternut

Customizing addict
not really, but you dont really need one?

I cringed when I read that but after thinking about it a bit... Maybe the hood is so small that it doesn't really need the sideload reinforcing like a normal hood. I guess time will tell. Dan guarantees his stuff so that's adds some reassurance. The edges could sure use some cleaning up though...:shhh:

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I would think a liner with a couple of tubes in it would keep more water out than straight tubes for the breathers.

yea your probably right but ill be running dual scuppers, and dual bilges, so im not too worried about water. the hood fits really good on the hull and seems pretty strong, aside from the detail work to get it looking good i am impressed with the quality.

not sure what it is glued together with.. and bedplates are held in with 3 screws on each side that go through the hull then are bondo'd over on the bottom and hold the half inch aluminum plate that the motor mounts bolt too. ill get some pics when the hull gets back from paint.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I do kind of like the idea that the air intakes are in the back and I could run a tube along the side all the way to the front so it would take quite a bit to get water inside. Water is a fabulous thing in that it'll find a way but sure beats most stock hoods that are just water scoops that then dump it all inside.

yea i think the hood is just fine. theres a spot on each side to ziptie the tubes to to keep them where you want them and i dont think the whole liner thing will be an issue, except for taking on a little more water while its under water, which isnt too big of a deal. i want this thing back so i can get started putting it together. i got two xmetal scuppers for it too. what do you guys normally use to hold the scuppers to the hull? just 5200? waternut and i were talking about this because we dont want one to fall off while riding. will 5200 hold them, or should i use some sort of epoxy?

talked to the paint guy and he said it'll still be a couple weeks. im pretty much ready to go except for bpipe and side exhaust outlet. i've been trying to find a nice used bpipe but they sell so fast.

Top Bottom