Custom/Hybrid my stunt hull build

Waternut

Customizing addict
you need a hood liner unless the intakes are in the pole.

I disagree... If the only two holes going into the hood have tubes attached to them, the only thing a liner would do would be to add structural rigidity. A stock hood has intakes all over it and the liner adds stiffness and channels the air to a semi-safe location inside the engine bay.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I disagree... If the only two holes going into the hood have tubes attached to them, the only thing a liner would do would be to add structural rigidity. A stock hood has intakes all over it and the liner adds stiffness and channels the air to a semi-safe location inside the engine bay.

you are wrong. a liner helps separate the water and air.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Water can get sucked in and drain out before it goes into the engine bay with a liner. With just tubes, all the water is going in the engine compartment.

teton

tetongravity.com
Yep,
Agreed.

I agree as well, I think your underestimating how fast your intake will take in water without a liner, you will be sinking that ski quick, no way the bilges will keep up, and the scupper only does you good when you are moving....why not do it while you wait for paint?

Waternut

Customizing addict
I understand what you guys are saying about the liner but here's how I see it. The water drains out of the back of the hood when the liner is in place because the ski is nose high and gravity takes over. If the tubes are located in the back, the water will drain out of the tubes in the same way. I know you have to "feed the beast" but the engine would have to be pretty huge to overcome gravity and suck two 2" diameter tubes of water up an incline. More realistically, I see any remaining water in the tube flowing along the bottom while the air passes along the top.

Once I get my hull, I'll be able to experiment further but that's how I see it working.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
We’re now offering the Highroller Customs Stunt Hull as a Build-up Kit! It’s the best way we could think of to get more people on quality performance equipment at a price that won’t break the bank!

Imagine having a ski that’s capable of doing flatwater backflips with a limited motor. You won’t have to pour thousands into an expensive motor set-up and you’ll avoid the high cost of maintenance! Remember this hull isn’t a one purpose hull either! You can still do every trick in the book, including all the old school tricks!

We’re running a Christmas Special on this kit up until JAN 5th 2010!

The retail price will be $1,899 and our Christmas Special price is $1,499.

For more information please feel free to e-mail me at bestwskier@yahoo.com (I don't check the forum or PM's often)

What comes in the kit:

Stunt Bottom Deck
Stunt Top Deck
Stunt Hood w/ Liner
Stunt Rideplate
Stunt Firewall
2 Tapped Aluminum Plates for motor
4 Pump Fittings
4 Rideplate Fittings
2 Grate Fittings
6 Fittings for tank and waterbox
1 Battery Mounting Plate
Brief Build Manual w/ pictures.

Very basic mechanical skills required.

For shipping you can check with forwardair.com or UPS. The package size is around 6’5 x 32”x 20”, 100lbs and ships from Corpus Christi, Texas. Within the US the shipping is usually under $200.

For anyone wanting hood pictures, our new hood mold will be ready late next week and I’ll post pictures when available.

Also, you can always still get the Stunt Hull’s completely assembled for $3,200.

www.highroller-customs.com/stunt/

Thanks,
Dan
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

the liner works as a baffle and because the hoses come up above the liner a bit, it directs water off the back and the tube pick up air. You wont find a competitive freestyle ski without a hood liner.

well then I guess all the hood companies should stop putting them in, keep us posted. Btw who is everyone else? I was unaware there are any running stunt hulls, especially any with hoods.

I'm not picking on you, I just feel you are being led astray.

Tom

he said hes got i think 13 people that have these hulls right now. i guess i can ride it and if i see a problem i can ad a hood liner??? i guess i just dont see why its that big of a deal. but maybee im being dumb.

have you seen or heard of any of these people with hulls? 13 makes me very suspious, maybe I'm just out of the loop. It'd be nice to talk to some one thats running one. I know chad would like to talk to someone thats rode one and ask a few questions. Chad told me about the engine plate mounting and the firewall. I'd like to hear how those held up on the 13 other hulls. Tom

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
You call it what you want.Mine looks like a fiberglass picture frame!

funny !!

Chip has the same piece alread installed into his hood.

mcdog , I am sure you will be getting the same thing. but the picture frame that Sanoman is talking about could be covered in fiberglass and WA-LA hood liner.

Top Bottom