my sxr freeride boat

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
How long is the pole? If the pole is -2, you will be fine with a standard length turnplate for sure. When I had a standard UMI, with standard steering it still brought me forward.

the pole is a -2 oh yeah and heres something you have been wating for

i started and almost finished my hood today, i still have to bolt the plexi glass to the aluminum tubes (notice all the swiss cheese style holes for weight haha), it has to be siliconed down so it doesnt leak, all hte plexi glass was cut using a knife we found in my friends garage and heated it till it was red hot, cut for like 4 inches, then reheated took some time but oh well. i cut the new air hole. and the extensions have to be put on both down tubes in each direction so the water has to be really high in the hood chamber to even get into the tube. i think it should keep out water very well hopefully. i will post pics when its totally completed oh yeah and the bottom aluminum supports need a plat welded onto them so they distribute the load over more of an area so they dont poke right through hood. nothing its glued down or anything yet but this is how its gonna look.

all my ski is now is a bare hull with electrics as you can see

Attachments

• 100_1353.jpg
    100_1353.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_1354.jpg
    100_1354.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1356.jpg
    100_1356.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1357.jpg
    100_1357.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_1339.jpg
    100_1339.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 107

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
so you'll be at -3 allready. Mine is the same. I think it is perfect. Don't forget your footholds are pretty far back.

The hood looks good. I hope it still saves you some serious weight.

yeah as it looks right now its gonna be like a hair under 15 maybe 15 even when i weighed everything. if it ends up not saving weight it should keep water out, but who knows we will see it gives me something to do and play around with.

did some dremel work over the last few days to my footholds (mac mashers) they just werent cutting it in the holding of my feet department so i decided to base them off the blowsion digger models. simply cut out a section clear out the foam behind it and now i am just gonna reglass the old piece back in there. i didnt know kawi used packing foam in the back of my ski. also got my 46 mikunis a few days ago, did some dremel work to get them to match the intake mani perfectly. took them apart and decided to throw a rebuild kit at them just to be safe, got a rebuild kit for my remote fuel pump also, and a nice throttle wheel and bracket, so they should be good to go. they have 150 mains and i forget the lows. anyone know where a good starting point would be???? anyone have a suggestion on what main jet to run in the return line restrictor? it has an 80 in it right now. tomorrow should be glassing the holds in depending on how much time i got.

DJ i think i actually talked my parents into scheding our floridia so i can hit up the daytona motosurf thing.

Attachments

• 100_1362.jpg
    100_1362.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_1363.jpg
    100_1363.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_1366.jpg
    100_1366.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1364.jpg
    100_1364.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 62
today i finished glassing in my cut out mashers, used my friends crazy reddish kinda resin. goofy color combo but hardened up like a rock in like 10 minutes. then i ran out of that so i had to go to my blue stuff so i have a quite colorful foothold combo. they are like 3 inches deeper into the hull as you can see. they fit my kawasaki shoes pretty nice and they give a much better hold. i also ported my intake mani to accept my 46's and ported it so it lines up perfect with the reed cages. gotta get some money so i can get my turf finished up. also getting my UMI pole powder coated for free in about a week so thats good. also starting my new sticker combo for this year. check out my idea for my dash stickers in the first pic.

Attachments

• woo yeah.jpg
    woo yeah.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_1372.jpg
    100_1372.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1371.jpg
    100_1371.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_1373.jpg
    100_1373.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_1369.jpg
    100_1369.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 43
haha thanks i got them from the shop that sponsors me anyone can get them actually look in the kawi accesories. they really turn heads cause when they are new they are FLO green. mine are beat cause they are my only shoes haha.

hey thatnks for the setup tip, what do you mean exactly by reverse mount? would that be something like have the fuel rail part facing towards the motor?

AirforceCommand

Whatchagotinthebox
You want to face the fuel pumps towards the hull and the bowls to the engine. Turning the carbs around keeps the needle from vibrating off the seat at low idle. You will also need to move the throttle cable to the back using the riva bracket.I can take and post a pic of my setup tomorow.... E.J.

Last edited:

AirforceCommand

Whatchagotinthebox
Ok here is a couple pics of my carbs and ski. The hood latch/strap setup is my own design and i have never lost my hood with it and 95% of my riding is ocean
StandupPics_010.jpg
StandupPics_083.jpg
StandupPics_075.jpg
StandupPics_078.jpg
StandupPics_080.jpg
StandupPics_067.jpg
StandupPics_015.jpg

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
SWEEEEET!! :Banane01: :cheer: :arms:

I like that ratchet strap setup better than mine. I have two rachet straps...one on each side of the bumper. That is killer. All hoods should be held down that way! I also like the little primer mount on the old pipe bracket. Very cool setup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom