my sxr freeride boat

AirforceCommand

Whatchagotinthebox
Is that a Superjet AC pole with XMetal steering?:sneaky: I have the UMI setup myself.

I got tired of bending bars and turn plates in the surf so i fabed up those out of billet . I used the stock kawi stud and bushings. It works great and has no bearings to rust out just teflon thrust washers
StandupPics_074.jpg
StandupPics_002%7E0.jpg
StandupPics_006.jpg
StandupPics_101.jpg
StandupPics_094.jpg

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Killer. Would love to see closer pics of the steering set up. No Scupper??

What kind of steering nozzle is that on the back end? What does it do?

AirforceCommand

Whatchagotinthebox
Dj I will take some better pics of my bars after work today.As for the scupper valve they work great but i have noticed when your boat gets rolled in the waves and its upside down the scupper lets all the air out and your boat sinks or just fills up. Besides I plugged off the front hole in my hood and don't have any excessive water entry issues.My steering nozzle is an old school Ocean Pro that offers sharper turning, the oval shape with the divider stops the water rotating out the end for a tighter squirt and better control

F

Freestyleriverrat

Have you guys seen malones ski. His hood latch is nothing more than a ratchet strap mounted in place of the OEM bracket. So I guess it is a 2in1 set up. The hood design of the SXr keeps it from moving side to side and by utalizing 1 strap and 1 ratchet it really cleans up the dash area.

F

Freestyleriverrat

Thanks Air Command! Didn't see Malones ski, but I am assuming it is set up like Air Commands. :woot:

It is........I don't know how I missed that. I was to busy checking out the graphics :banghead:

AirforceCommand

Whatchagotinthebox
Actualy mine is set up a little differently I take two straps and connect the two ratchet ends together. Here is a pic of the top were the two connect at the pole mount. then on the inside of the hood ya shim with hydro turf so the hood has more lateral support so then you have no movement at all.
StandupPics_079%7E0.jpg
StandupPics_016.jpg

thats a nice steering setup, are those aftermarket bars, or just some tubing you had??

i starting cutting out all that excess hull glue from the bondline today, what a terrible job that it, i think i gained a few punds from sucking down all the dust, but i weighed all the pieces i cut out so far and it has saved me alittle over 5 pounds and its not totally done yet. i guess every little bit helps but its a crappy job. also gonna port my cylinders this weekend, the sleeves in mine are lined up way off so we will see how it goes.

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Yeah, that glue job sucks. I had it done in 45 minutes though with the grinder of death.

Did you ever get a final before and after weight of the hood?

Scorn800

Ride for life
Very nice boat Airforce. Good to see another surf sxr.
I also like your rachet strap but i do like having the stock latch & hood straps.
With both you have double protection.
Is that your flush fittings in the tray?
I really like that idea. I hate where kawi put it. It's worthless. I like to flush with the hood on sometimes to not annoy the neighbors at the ramp. the flush in the tray is the ticket.
I've been toying with the idea of installing a inline water ball valve in the tray to save flooding the motor when being towed in.

havent even finished my hood yet haha, got sidetracked with other things and i dont know why cause i have been wanting to get it done. i am at the end of my school semester so i am getting my ass kicked there, but i actually planned on getting it done thursday before class. the way it looks it should save like 5 lbs but keep water out alot better.

AirforceCommand

Whatchagotinthebox
Thanks guys for the complements they are appreciated.As to answer your questions the bars are all solid stock 3/8 plate and 7/8 rod. The bars on my ski are -3 in zero degree.The bars in the tray are all- 2 in 2 degree. Scorn yea that is my flush fitting in the tray the salt terminator mixer thingy lays in the tray when i flush instead of banging around the engine bay.Now you guys have me thinking 5 pounds of glue...Crap Looks like I'm takin my boat apart this weekend!!:Banane01:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Scorn, did you block off your front air intake??? That should keep a lot of water out while being towed in. Mine doesn't take any in...

I also have an 1100gph Rule-Mate Auto Water Sensing bilge though and a scupper. They both rip the water out!

i tore my carbs down today, the fuel restrictos were epoxied up, probably by pro tec. so i guess i will need to put in a restricor. what do you guys think 60-100 mikuni main jet?

Top Bottom