Custom/Hybrid My thoughts about my EME Sky and EME

I wasn't trying to derail this thread. This isn't about who makes good hulls and doesn't. I was just stating that with all the problems people seem to have with a/m hulls it makes havin a 10 year old sj hull that still does what it's supposed to look pretty good. Especially when you consider the cost difference. I hope the o/p gets it all sorted out and I'm sure he will and also let us know how it goes down. I'm not bashing, just giving my opinion since I was asked to give it.

wydopen

onthepipe
hanging-balls-1.jpg

if you paid by credit card its time to call and get them involved...

I wouldnt even wait for EME to respond

trust me, if you get the credit card company involoved they will contact you with a quickness...........with all that nonsense though I'd be sooo tempted to just say "come take it back" and let the CC card refund my money

I have owned FOUR a/m hulls in the past 4 years.....4 of them brand new, one of them like new and I NEVER had an issue anything close to this

poor poor quality control and lack of caring

Last edited:
the fact that they actually handle over 10mph

ill take a ski researched/designed/tested/manufactured by engineers that work for a multimillion dollar corporation that specialize in high performance motorsports than some hack working out of a 20'x20' shed that cant ride anyday..

A lot of aircraft parts are made in the equivalent of a 20x20 dirt floor shed, they are either perfect or scrap. It is the craftsman you want to deal with, not a salesman.

Did you buy the total loss from him or from someplace else and have him install it? Either way I'm sure he will take care of it. It sucks having all of these problems right off the the bat but I have a feeling it will all sort itself out. Keep us posted if you happen to find out why the brain fried. There seems to be a little bit of a run of bad luck with the MSD system lately. I'm curious if it is just a bad batch or if it is an install error or some other issue that can be addressed when installing the ignition.

Screw all that be nice crap. You paid for a hull to be layed up correctly, assembled correctly, tuned correctly, and turfed like someone other than blind man did it, and finally...crated in a means that it wouldn't get damaged in transit!!! If u wanted to do all that yourself you'd have saved the money and NOT PAID THEM TO DO IT FOR U. I'd be irate at bare minimum. In actuality, I'd be demanding a replacement hull or a sizeable refund. Their problem with quality control has now become your problem because obviously they didn't care enough to make sure it was right. Do you think a sponsored rider's hull would look like that? You paid money for services that were only half heartedly done. I'd be up in someone's rear end about it.

Lee stones WF boat from a few years ago, I know the current owner of it and the top and bottom deck don't line up right. When you look at the front of the ski where it comes to a point in the front the top deck and bottom deck don't match. Top deck is like an inch off to one side.
But that being said, my Rickter is all over the place with uneven stuff, foot holds, rail sizes hood sides. And BOBs dont even want to go down that road.
There is no perfect hull out there. Trinity is the closest to perfect I have seen in person.

You have to give some credit to the Lightwieght de hull that blowsion sells. I bet they have the best fit and finish of them all. I still like the looks of the bob's and the superfreaks. Hell I pretty much like em all. Some days I think I even like the xfs's... it's too bad I swore I would never buy an RRP product again.

for one you got a damaged hull right from eme i would f_ing freak you need to take this to another level we all work hard for our money and thats unacceptable not to beat you down but you probably paid more than you should of for the ski, but you didnt care because it was assembled by one of the industrys "top guys" and with your msd problem i really do feel bad for you, if he built the ski why wouldnt he start it? kind of seems dumb to me

I dont blame him for taking it to the forum.......he was exited about receiving it, and for a lot of folks we share our jetski info with our friends HERE

I dont see my riding buds everyday, the forum is just a place to share.....The OP has not said nor done anyything wrong

if anything, a post like this might cause the manu to get on the issue a little quicker!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I expect an EME press release any minute now, claiming that the OP chose to deviate from EME's proven setups at the last minute and asked EME to change things around. Additionally, the OP was supposed to show up for training and never did. It's therefore on the OP.

BAM

Wow... I can't imagine getting a ski not in perfect working order from such a reputable person. Altimately we trust Eric Malone as a fellow rider and a rider we're all inspired by. I'm so glad he started his own company to bring in the next step for our sport. It would be a shame if he didn't follow through with what he has created.

Him bringing this to a forum should have absolutely no influence on what EME chooses to do...and if it does that further shows everyone what type of company they are and it could potentially save people alot of money and time.

Just my .02...These hulls aren't cheap. Its reasonable to say that alot of people buying these hulls and skis have to save up for a bit to buy one. There is absolutely no reason there should be an allowable amount of flaws in their(EME or any hull builder) hulls unless their price reflects it. If I were to buy a budget hull, I wouldn't expect it to be perfect. If I am buying a top dollar hull, I would expect a top dollar fit and finish.

Last edited:

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Crickets............

Crickets............

Surprised by lack of eme response. Perception is reality in the mind of consumers. It takes a lot of good press to overcome a little bad.

Top Bottom