New NOCO Lithium Batteries

How is the run time holding up on total loss ignitions?

It feels like you have to get up into the NLP20 & 30 to get any useable amp hours out of them (7 & 8ah respectively). Whereas an ETX16L has a little more depending on your acceptable depth of discharge. I've had great experience with Zeel on my ETX16L.

Also, I'd been searching for a teardown video of one for a while and finally found this, though I was hoping to see more. If anyone knows of any others, it would be interesting to see.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Depends on how often you are having to start your ski. If you are new to riding and falling off constantly and having to crank a poorly tuned ski probably wont last that long.

I dont think AG and NOCO calculate the Ah the same, i rode a NLP9 this summer on a xs1000 with msd total loss, ran out of battery when I drained second jaz tank of gas with multiple cranks due to i am a total noob at riding freestyle

I don't see a cranking amp rating...not sure if that's a concern or not.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
That battery is more of a deep cycle battery. looks to only have a continuous draw rating of 30A and 2 second pulse rating of 65A. Go over that and the BMS will likely cut the load off.

Unless its a starting battery the batteries max amperage draw is going to be less then a starting battery. I have a 100AH lithium batter and run a second in parallel. In parallel I get a max continuous draw of 200A. This requires some big wire. :D

So the question is how many amps does it take to start say a 701 with 185PSI of compression?

Battery Hookup is a great site. lots of good deals :)

If you're not sealing your new batteries with liquid electrical tape , silicone or some similar sealant before you ever use it in a wet jetski carcass, your making a mistake. Get a new battery and waterproof it as best you can

If you're not sealing your new batteries with liquid electrical tape , silicone or some similar sealant before you ever use it in a wet jetski carcass, your making a mistake. Get a new battery and waterproof it as best you can
I used silicone grease but the liquid tape is a good idea! Something like this I imagine?

JR. Said he didn't do anything to his and practically submerged his in saltwater and it was still going. Quite impressive

So the question is how many amps does it take to start say a 701 with 185PSI of compression?

I used my DC clamp meter to measure three of my skis a while back, all milled heads with similar compression for pump gas. No Yamaha, but may give an idea. Values were +/- 5ish amps.

750 conversion with OEM starter: 95 amps
550SX with OEM starter: 75 amps
440 with 580 starter: 80 amps

I used my DC clamp meter to measure three of my skis a while back, all milled heads with similar compression for pump gas. No Yamaha, but may give an idea. Values were +/- 5ish amps.

750 conversion with OEM starter: 95 amps
550SX with OEM starter: 75 amps
440 with 580 starter: 80 amps
Knowing these figures has anyone ever tried an NLP5 with 200 starting amps and 2ah? Found one at Walmart for $45

Wondering if the capacity would be enough on a non total loss ski.. I have a NLP14 in another ski but have not monitored its SOC after a days use close enough.

Last edited:

blank

Ready To Rip
Knowing these figures has anyone ever tried an NLP5 with 200 starting amps and 2ah? Found one at Walmart for $45

Wondering if the capacity would be enough on a non total loss ski.. I have a NLP14 in another ski but have not monitored its SOC after a days use close enough.
I bought a NPL5, it started my 781 with no problem. I ended up going a different route because it was too small for my battery location.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter

Sure, maybe you can start your ski. But if you have starting issues due to water ingestion or something else, you're gonna run out of cranking quick. You could always just carry a jumper pack with you incase that happens though...

Sure, maybe you can start your ski. But if you have starting issues due to water ingestion or something else, you're gonna run out of cranking quick. You could always just carry a jumper pack with you incase that happens though...
Yeah 2000Mah just isn't a whole lot. Probably best to just pay up for the nlp14

holygoat

Site Supporter
I picked up an NLP9 earlier, I was struggling to fit the ETX 16 into my hull so I wanted a smaller battery. Turns out the NLP14 is the same size. I wonder if I could get away with a 20.

Top Bottom