• LSP Billet Light Weight Flywheel
  • LSP Spec Performance Impeller
  • Adjustable Footholds
  • Upgraded 6mm Steering Cable
  • Thrust Billet Bow Eye
  • Thrust Billet Finger Throttle
  • Lightweight Lithium Battery
  • Custom Pro-Series Hydro-Turf

SBT engines, probably the best option here, let's be realistic. Ported 760 at that! I'm betting their also being built at SBT too. Delivery is in Clearwater FL.

XL in length. Great starting point for most people. The pipe kinda looks like a Bun pipe, not sure if it actually is one or something similar.

Billet flywheel is also money, those aren't cheap. All looks like good stuff. I wonder if the trim is the traditional Thrust trim or the Lee stone XS trim. I bet there is a zeel for the CDI too.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
It's very compelling.

Tech Specs​

• Visual Carbon Epoxy-Infused Hybrid Hull
  • Thrust Billet Trim and Steering System
  • High Output, Ported 760
  • High Performance Lay-Down Exhaust System
  • 155mm-12 vane Thrust Shredder Setback Mag Pump
  • Dual Mikuni 46mm carbs
  • Thrust Billet High Compression Head
  • 62-T Based Performance Ignition
  • LSP Billet Light Weight Flywheel
  • LSP Spec Performance Impeller
  • Adjustable Footholds
  • Upgraded 6mm Steering Cable
  • Thrust Billet Bow Eye
  • Thrust Billet Finger Throttle
  • Lightweight Lithium Battery
  • Custom Pro-Series Hydro-Turf

SBT engines, probably the best option here, let's be realistic. Ported 760 at that! I'm betting their also being built at SBT too. Delivery is in Clearwater FL.

XL in length. Great starting point for most people. The pipe kinda looks like a Bun pipe, not sure if it actually is one or something similar.

Billet flywheel is also money, those aren't cheap. All looks like good stuff. I wonder if the trim is the traditional Thrust trim or the Lee stone XS trim. I bet there is a zeel for the CDI too.
Gonna make a guess that XScream is involved. Would make sense.....

holygoat

Site Supporter
I am really, really quite tempted in a few years maybe. I think you're gonna see a lot of skis for sale soon from people like me who have started to scratch the surface of freestyle.

Very compelling that it says 100 percent ready to ride just add premix . I’ve been debating on a freestyle set up , but from start to finish with a nice tigercraft hull and components I’m looking at a year or longer and around 16k easily with all the added parts . Not to mention putting it all together. So something like this may even get the wife on board that it’s complete running production ski and it’s ready to ride when it ships here. That’s why Krash had my eyes even with the draw backs because it’s a complete ski. I like how LSP is legit SJ based engine so rebuilds and upgrades won’t be hard to source down the road . I think he did a great job on this ski, and I think it’s a good thing for this industry !

Only thing I can criticize on is the lack of a normal airbox for water intrusion. Although I'm sure trying to buy oem or manufacture your own would far exceed whatever wholesale he's got on those filters. Cutting the hull for clearance sucks and I'm sure the filter won't last banging into it over time.

Anyone whos had skis knows that placing an open flame arrestor next to a lip like that will funnel water directly into the carb whenever it is rolled on that side. I hope they dont use SBT as an engine source, what makes the yamaha great is its OEM crank.. Plus all the sharp edges are just places where cracks start. Fortunately (for them) customers wont know the problem areas until after the sale.

Last edited:
I personally would never put open style air filters like that on any ski other than a purpose built race ski. Only place I see any benefit in those style filters for the extra horsepower and the fact that the riding is around a body course instead of jumping waves and going inverted. Cranks are not cheap to rebuild or replace. Other than that,it looks like a pretty solid package for the money. That seems about the right price point for an entry level freestyle ski with a oem cylinder.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I personally would never put open style air filters like that on any ski other than a purpose built race ski. Only place I see any benefit in those style filters for the extra horsepower and the fact that the riding is around a body course instead of jumping waves and going inverted. Cranks are not cheap to rebuild or replace. Other than that,it looks like a pretty solid package for the money. That seems about the right price point for an entry level freestyle ski with a oem cylinder.
Never had an issue running them.......... Surf or Flatwater Comps.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Why would any of you think that SBT builds engines with a girdled head , lots of negativity in this thread , I see some valid points as far as the filters and water intrusion but that's about it . If you want a ski exactly like you want it build it yourself.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Only thing I can criticize on is the lack of a normal airbox for water intrusion.
^^This. He could have 3d printed something. For an experienced rider its probably not so much of an issue. But got to think of the people with zero jetski experience.

JeskiBoji

Site Supporter
I don’t feel negative about this at all. But if you’ve ever pulled apart a black rtv sbt motor it dang near ruins the cases and they have glued the bearing to the cases with it as well. hopefully they found somebody that can put in a proper wrist pin clip also. These are very minor things but hopefully they had enough input to get it done right. I would actually be a buyer either way and absolutely hope they can keep up with demand

Top Bottom