New Ready to Run LSP S1 Hull

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Not that flips are all that matter but that's what people are judging it by.. I nosed in a flip first try and plenty of us are plate to plating them. The throttle response is soft compared to what I'm used to and you gotta keep the rpms up if you really want to send it. Not surprising if it has 760 port timing and no wet pipe. Not to mention the heat here is reaaaallllly messing with everyone's skis. Lee went out and did two clean flips in a row and so far "good" riders are doing about 1 and 3/4 after being on it for about two minutes.

Sure looks good with the best rider on the planet behind the bars. Definitely raises the hopes and dreams of the wanna bees. Kinda like false advertising really but you'll catch more flys with honey than vinegar. I been using that sales tactics for 20 + years. Gotta brag up your product. I dont see how that price is realistic going forward. I seem to recall some bs about affordable power ages ago

I'd say from the response at World Finals, it's pretty well received for what it is. Hopefully it'll create more parts to be available and get more people involved in the sport. There are still a lot of unknowns but we'll see as it gets in customers hands.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Sure looks good with the best rider on the planet behind the bars. Definitely raises the hopes and dreams of the wanna bees. Kinda like false advertising really but you'll catch more flys with honey than vinegar. I been using that sales tactics for 20 + years. Gotta brag up your product. I dont see how that price is realistic going forward. I seem to recall some bs about affordable power ages ago
I really like the fact that it is a small motor....... Nothing turned me away more test riding Aftermarket Ski's with giant 900+ cc motors. I was riding 735-760cc motors then. Honestly could not handle them. First time to Havasu I got to ride TC's Edges he had for demo's. They had 701's and you could actually ride them....... Hopped on Phil Clemmons' Xscream with TPE900 and had the poop scared out of me. Then ride the 2 Havoc's with 964 ( Was able to roll that one) and the 1200....... That one put the fear of god into me...........

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I really like the fact that it is a small motor....... Nothing turned me away more test riding Aftermarket Ski's with giant 900+ cc motors. I was riding 735-760cc motors then. Honestly could not handle them. First time to Havasu I got to ride TC's Edges he had for demo's. They had 701's and you could actually ride them....... Hopped on Phil Clemmons' Xscream with TPE900 and had the poop scared out of me. Then ride the 2 Havoc's with 964 ( Was able to roll that one) and the 1200....... That one put the fear of god into me...........
This is exactly how I felt when I rode Charles ski for the first time at the Southern fried freeride , that thing had way , way too much power for my skill level, I rode it for about a minute and brought it right back , I am like yeah I think this is more your speed than mine.

I think that LS1 is a pretty good balance of power and light weight , maybe not a beginner ski per say but it will get a lot more people into the sport than out of it.

This is exactly how I felt when I rode Charles ski for the first time at the Southern fried freeride , that thing had way , way too much power for my skill level, I rode it for about a minute and brought it right back , I am like yeah I think this is more your speed than mine.

I think that LS1 is a pretty good balance of power and light weight , maybe not a beginner ski per say but it will get a lot more people into the sport than out of it.
Yeah for sure the idea is outstanding, hopefully it sells well and ppl are happy with it, but people that now has seen it IRL, does it matches the spec sheet? Carbon pole or glass?, what ignition?, is it a genuine BUN pipe?

Yeah for sure the idea is outstanding, hopefully it sells well and ppl are happy with it, but people that now has seen it IRL, does it matches the spec sheet? Carbon pole or glass?, what ignition?, is it a genuine BUN pipe?
I've heard they're making all the parts themselves (or sourcing from a new source). I wouldn't expect a Bun pipe or an Xscream pole, but one that looks/performs similar. That being said, that sure brings the price down so they can actually profit and have a sustainable model.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
They confirmed in a previous post here, the ignition is all SBT

Yea I got that hurricane 1000 to replace my blown up beat down green 760 hurricane and it's kind of too much power. I get too much air and the landing impact doesn't allow me to just ride off into the sunset for another quick flip or roll. I am doing helicopter 360s again now off boat wakes so I'm back to an official 3 trick pony haha

Top Bottom