SX/SXi/SXi Pro New Sxi Pro Owner

Hull is back , not 100% perfect by any means - but not bad for me doing the prep work

Nothing a decal set can't fix

7A0C0DE8-C8DF-489E-BF10-15BE8EADD020-6214-0000046EDEDDAE07.jpg

Installed the finger throttle

06FAC679-33D0-436F-AEDD-9A1D645483B2-6214-0000046ECFCB7D2F.jpg

Any turfing tips ?

69DD6340-C175-4068-98CC-C64EFBC6995B-7297-00000584EFFB1FE6.jpg

Turfing is easy when you have cut out pieces like that, I personally started with the dash, did the sides, then the bottom I believe...the biggest thing with turf (especially the HT kits) is see how everything will fit up, like do the dash piece then see how the sides are fitting roughly....dont forget to take a rubber mallet after the turf after you glue to really activate the glue! Watch the wamiltons videos on turfing on youtube they are really good!

Did some work yesterday, hopefully more today - school work keeps getting in the way

Was able to file the pivot shaft bolt and fix the threads saving me $50 on a replacement. Assembled the hand pole bracket and married it to the ski.

D07279CA-1504-4783-BE0A-8B3C163E8952-2045-000001E06DA0B972.jpg

Put in the gas vent , new filler neck , new front foam

BF4C9656-1ED7-4A3F-B459-55D713E51BCB-2045-000001E065339C7E.jpg

Also drilled the bilge outlet

B9D453AE-C6D7-42FE-B190-96DBA42F99B0-2045-000001E05B0716D0.jpg

Ran all of the wiring , cooling & cables . Installed the bilge along with some other pieces. I also picked up a plastic 90 for the bilge outlet to give needed WB clearance

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

Done for now -

IMG_2690.jpg

kkwedell

x-h20.com
Wow that looks great. Just makes me wanna get a 750 sxi pro more! Have to wait for my 650 Superjet to sell first. Yah I said it 750 sxi pro>650 Superjet.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
^ Nothing wrong with that!

I realize too, this is a SJ dominated site, although the Kawis are great boats, been riding them since 1988. I get a lot of compliments on mine and it's a strong runner.

Pro=:veryhappy:

Last edited:

PWCSAR

River Rat
That looks friggin Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $#%@ I gotta start tearin mine down & get glassin etc.. but I rode yesterday and will probably ride this weekend also.. Looks sweet though.. Graphics?? Kind of diggin the black personally but for visibility addin some color may be a good idea..

That looks friggin Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $#%@ I gotta start tearin mine down & get glassin etc.. but I rode yesterday and will probably ride this weekend also.. Looks sweet though.. Graphics?? Kind of diggin the black personally but for visibility addin some color may be a good idea..

Here is my plan -

Screenshot2012-10-03at81453AM.png

Last edited:

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Check this website out. Friends with them on FB, I get regular pics and I always liked what I've seen with these guys. Just another option...

http://www.lg1designs.com/JET SKI graphics.htm

If you did go with what you show above, which looks cool, I'd put a number (or number plate) after the word 'JETSKi', in the black blank area on the hood. I think that would look sweet.

Last edited:

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Hmmm, FYI..., I just noticed that you do not have Tubby's. I have Tubby 2s and believe they were in the top 3 mods. Really improved the handling/ride, love um! You can put them on any time so it's not critical at this point although something to consider. See below sign thread for pics of mine.

Hmmm, FYI..., I just noticed that you do not have Tubby's. I have Tubby 2s and believe they were in the top 3 mods. Really improved the handling/ride, love um! You can put them on any time so it's not critical at this point although something to consider. See below sign thread for pics of mine.

Agree 100%, adding tubbie 2's drastically improves high speed stability and all around handling. If I did it again I would probably try destroyers though. Your graphics idea looks killer, It would be cool if you had the tubbies on before the graphics like steve did.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
^Agree also.

Note- When going with Tubbies: Stock graphics didn't fit the tubbies and his most likely won't either. To solve this issue, I removed the lower graphics, added the Tubbies then I designed my lower graphics within the Tubbies. A local graphics guy printed my design per my dimensions (designed or layed it out in Adobe Illustrator). He matched the color well. My idea was to keep the SXi-Pro theme or identifier (and not do a totally new theme) since the Pro is the coolest of the 750s, IMO.

...Just a bit of food for thought, using my experience.

Last edited:
X3 I would not ride a 750 without tubbies. The 750 feels like riding a long floppy turd without them. Do yourself a favor and get the destroyers. They look even better when you get them painted to match your ski imo. The improvements in handling cannot be understated! :headbang:

Top Bottom