Other Pennsylvania fish commies stuck me bad tonight!

It's funny how people think following the laws of our great country is doing the right thing. Guns for instance. It's not the gun killing people it's the person pulling the trigger. It's not the ski breaking the law it's the person riding it. So once again should the skis be band from the lakes or the people riding them?

Last edited:

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
so just fo fun im issuing you all the challenge...go read your life vest, i'm curious how many of us are actually wearing a legitimate coast guard approved life vest which would legally pass the regulations.

Me! I love the way the comp vests look and feel...light, easier to move in...

But, I'd like to not sink should I get knocked out, so for me it's the big ol' puffy Jet Pilot side entry...

With all the environmental crap we're going to have to deal with, or already dealing with in terms of operating a 2-stroke engine... don't give the regulators any more reason to make up any laws that completely ban and/or outlaw stand-ups as we know them.

Ok, you don't like like carrying a fire extinguisher... boo-f@#$#-hoo. It's a couple of pounds, and can be solidly mounted in any of 4-5 spots on any stand up... quit your bitching.

I don't see the point either, but it is what it is.

A whistle? Come on man... really? You deserve a ticket on that just for being that damn lazy.

No registration on BOTH skis you had on the water? WTF... it's not that hard. Would you have driven your car without a license plate? I doubt it... you'd have at least ripped apart a piece of cardboard and made up a "lost tag" sign or something. Don't be lazy!

No boaters license on you? You mean you have one, but were just too lazy to bring it out with you? Just make a copy, laminate it, and keep it in a ziploc bag on your machine... tell them the original is on shore so it doesn't get ruined. There's no excuse for this either.

Backflips? Ok, I understand that you may not be happy that you can't do them... just try to stay FAR FAR FAR away from anyone else on the water. You may not be able to have your guy on the dock taking video, or picture, or whatever, but don't give them an excuse to come over an inspect you in the first place when you know you're already lined up for like 50 violations.

All of this is just being fined for being lazy... and there are people on this thread backing you up, and bitching about those damn commies for actually expecting you to follow the laws? How dare they!?!?!?! LMAO!

Introduce yourself to the patrol on hand when you arrive, let them know you're an amateur or professional competitor, and show them that you're 100% legit from the start.

What you basically did was prove them right...

They thought... who is this guy making trouble over there? Let's go check him out...

When they arrived, you proved them right. Everything you could have done wrong, you did. No VIN? You're lucky the thing wasn't impounded on the spot!

If I was on patrol, and found a machine with no VIN, I'd impound it on the spot, and not because I'm a dick... I'd do it because I've had a ski stolen in the past and one of the first things removed on a stolen ski is the VIN. I'd have impounded it in the hopes that I'd be returning stolen property to the rightful owner.

It seems like every 2-3 months one of these stories comes up, and people bitch and moan that they broke the law... and they got busted. I remember one story on here where 3 25k skis were impounded on the spot at the ramp because they didn't have proper VIN or registration. Everyone was flipping out about it... but the police did the right thing.

You actually got LUCKY that you're not having to go prove ownership, and retrieve your ski from the impound lot.

This kind of thread just pisses me off.

We wonder why some of our riding spots are disappearing, and why stand-up guys get a bad name for "no reason"... this is the reason!

Man I don't want to be the reason! What was I thinking.. I feel like a child that was just told to sit in the corner. Again let me just say this thread was meant to be a "learn from my mistake thread". It's here as a psa for all the other guys with a/m hulls riding illegally. If this thread pissed you off, I can see how by the end of your post you must have gotten more pissed as you typed each word. Thanks for your contribution to the thread, it's always nice to hear from each side. I will ask if you have anything else to direct at me you take it to a pm, email or even call. My number is posted on this forum in more than one thread. I'll be glad to hear you out.

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
I've read this whole thread and everyone talks about all the proper gear but all of you are forgetting the one SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT piece of gear you could get busted on no matter where you ride..the life vest..ya thats right the life vest, all of us wear smaller lighter style comp vests to facilitate movement on the boat.

if you read carefully you will see the bouyancy of a "comp" vest is below whats rated by U.S.C.G. not to mention a proper life vest approved by said coast guard also ensures when you float its head up/face up so yu can breath if unconsious..

You are mistaken about all USCG vests floating you face up. There are 5 main types of USCG approved jackets. We are required to wear a USCG approved type III, which by definition, is not designed to float you face up.

That said, they will write you for a non USCG vest on my local lakes. It's best to have all the right stuff. I got 3 tickets last year while floating in the water, not even on my ski. (life vest, extinguisher, and reg. not with me)

I do my best not to give them a reason......if you do, it's coming lol.

point remains that uscg regs have a certain bouyancy rating which many if not all "comp" vests fail to meet.. and in one of those "ask me how i know" scenario's, they dont factor the bouyancy of your full lenght 3mm wetsuit either..which is ridiculous seeing as i cant submerge myself even if i try..between the wetsuit and the vest i wont sink.not even close.

so just for the sake of argument i say if you wear a vest which isnt designed to keep you face up..your still risking your life..you'd be floating fine..face down..drowning..

there is no halfway point to this one is there..either you have a vest which keeps you floating face up..or you dont and you risk drowning..uscg rules or not..which then brings us all to the very real "don't ride alone" unwritten rule.

just wanted to add the flotation portion into the conversation since evryone was talking about being legal while just about all guys i've ridden with have comp style vests which DO NO meet uscg regs.

I WILL NOT ride without a USCG vest bottom line. I don't trust myself enough. It's BIG ERIE LAKE here and there are moments I don't think I'll make it back to my ski (while I eventually do) what if I'm broken down and I'm pounded by 4-6 footers? If I don't have my ski I'm still fighting...in a uscg I'm relaxing then holding my breath...then relaxing....

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
theyre strict as :):):):) up there. i've ridden ALLLLLL season with no numbers on my ski, no graphics to make it look like numbers from a distance. no fire extinguisher or whistle. we jump boat wakes and "attempt" back flops, we get close and spray each other with the pumps. ridiculous man. sorry you got nazi's for DNR we got stopped one time this year, because we had about 6-10 skis (depending on who was coming in or going out from the mother base) chasing one boat back and forth. and they pretty much just said, hey chill the :):):):) out guys.

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
I would plead not guilty on all charges maybe the cop wont show up , I don't know about amercian laws but in Canada I would fight all of the tickets

With all the environmental crap we're going to have to deal with, or already dealing with in terms of operating a 2-stroke engine... don't give the regulators any more reason to make up any laws that completely ban and/or outlaw stand-ups as we know them.

Ok, you don't like like carrying a fire extinguisher... boo-f@#$#-hoo. It's a couple of pounds, and can be solidly mounted in any of 4-5 spots on any stand up... quit your bitching.

I don't see the point either, but it is what it is.

A whistle? Come on man... really? You deserve a ticket on that just for being that damn lazy.

No registration on BOTH skis you had on the water? WTF... it's not that hard. Would you have driven your car without a license plate? I doubt it... you'd have at least ripped apart a piece of cardboard and made up a "lost tag" sign or something. Don't be lazy!

No boaters license on you? You mean you have one, but were just too lazy to bring it out with you? Just make a copy, laminate it, and keep it in a ziploc bag on your machine... tell them the original is on shore so it doesn't get ruined. There's no excuse for this either.

Backflips? Ok, I understand that you may not be happy that you can't do them... just try to stay FAR FAR FAR away from anyone else on the water. You may not be able to have your guy on the dock taking video, or picture, or whatever, but don't give them an excuse to come over an inspect you in the first place when you know you're already lined up for like 50 violations.

All of this is just being fined for being lazy... and there are people on this thread backing you up, and bitching about those damn commies for actually expecting you to follow the laws? How dare they!?!?!?! LMAO!

Introduce yourself to the patrol on hand when you arrive, let them know you're an amateur or professional competitor, and show them that you're 100% legit from the start.

What you basically did was prove them right...

They thought... who is this guy making trouble over there? Let's go check him out...

When they arrived, you proved them right. Everything you could have done wrong, you did. No VIN? You're lucky the thing wasn't impounded on the spot!

If I was on patrol, and found a machine with no VIN, I'd impound it on the spot, and not because I'm a dick... I'd do it because I've had a ski stolen in the past and one of the first things removed on a stolen ski is the VIN. I'd have impounded it in the hopes that I'd be returning stolen property to the rightful owner.

It seems like every 2-3 months one of these stories comes up, and people bitch and moan that they broke the law... and they got busted. I remember one story on here where 3 25k skis were impounded on the spot at the ramp because they didn't have proper VIN or registration. Everyone was flipping out about it... but the police did the right thing.

You actually got LUCKY that you're not having to go prove ownership, and retrieve your ski from the impound lot.

This kind of thread just pisses me off.

We wonder why some of our riding spots are disappearing, and why stand-up guys get a bad name for "no reason"... this is the reason!

Your epic douche baggery pisses me off....Brian admitted to his mistakes if you took 3 minutes to read the thread.

Top Bottom