The Dyno story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
Tom21,

I was under the impression the dyno ( as described) was used in the water, or on the side of a dock, or ramp, and the engine had to be in a hull, then the dyno measured the thrust of the engine/pump.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
What about Wedoo,find the posts on here where I cussed someone out,my posts for the most part have been respectful ,they must be I haven't been banned so far,I do however have a tednency to call BS when I see BS,call it a character flaw,just one of several character flaws that I have and am willing to admit to.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
p

Tom21,

I was under the impression the dyno ( as described) was used in the water, or on the side of a dock, or ramp, and the engine had to be in a hull, then the dyno measured the thrust of the engine/pump.

They do not measure thrust they measure hydraulic pressure. Correct me if I am wrong. The engine actually spins a Hydraulic pump and you take a pressure reading off the gauge.

It can double as a log splitter LOL J/K

Look they are for sale on eBay. 5 or 600 bucks can get you one.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=international+dyno&category0=

Last edited:
Well this topic kept me entertained all day at work so far. I am new to the site and would say I have an unbiased opinion since I don't know either of you. Personally I can't imagine you not having any proof whatsoever of owning a piece of equipment like that. Not a single picture, video, or receipt.? That does sound pretty fishy to me. I would certainly keep a receipt for something that large at the very least for tax time.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I see now, ok, I had mis-understand pauls description initially.

its closer to an ACTUAL dyno in your scenario than mine.

:biggthumpup:

They do not measure thrust they measure hydraulic pressure. Correct me if I am wrong. The engine actually spins a Hydraulic pump and you take a pressure reading off the gauge.

It can double as a log splitter LOL J/K

Look they are for sale on eBay. 5 or 600 bucks can get you one.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=international+dyno&category0=

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
See how 'cool' jet ski people are?

( sorry man, it isnt always like this)

:thumbsdown:

Well this topic kept me entertained all day at work so far. I am new to the site and would say I have an unbiased opinion since I don't know either of you. Personally I can't imagine you not having any proof whatsoever of owning a piece of equipment like that. Not a single picture, video, or receipt.? That does sound pretty fishy to me. I would certainly keep a receipt for something that large at the very least for tax time.

WFO Speedracer

Yes you are correct Mark all torque numbers etc are derived using a formula.Horsepower numbers are derived using the torque numbers x rpms.That land and sea unit is set up to work with the engine in the hull and the jet pump removed,it is ungodly expensive and so are the adaptors.

Last edited:

Mark44

Katie's Boss

These seem to probably pretty common at a boat shop, Ill bet there are quite a few of them at Lake of the Ozarks. You can compare your stroker motor to a 9.9 HP. Johnson.

Just a guess.

Mark44

The Penguin

triple secret probation
http://www.x-h2o.com/showpost.php?p=381591&postcount=153

Kelly, Pete was banned for not following site rules............

I banned Pete, Not Paul or Kathy and you know this........ He was banned for Calling Kathy "A Lieing sack of Shiot", Saying to XFT Lou "We know you Blow LPW" and "But you and Paul can have fun together (we all know what he ment)" telling Superjet113 to "Suck his Cock"............

If I/We were covering up for Paul then none of this would even be here............ Oh, here is a good case in point....... Scorn has been a royal pain in the tail, but he has been respectful of the site rules and has not gone down the road of telling people to "Suck his Cock, Go Blow LPW, Your a lieing sack of shiet". Otherwise dont you think he would have been banned.......How about weadooseadoo or sflsurfrider????????????

Normally we do not discuss why someone is banned, I have going against that rule on this occassion....... I had posted that original post on sunday night but soft deleted it for the reason that we do not discuss why someone was banned.........

Personaly I do not appreciate you accusing me of Banning Pete so he could not reply......... but I am not going to worry about it or retaliate because it is the simple truth......... You know it, Pete knows it and I know it...........

Harrison - you are talking to Pete. He's posting under his wife's account.

Watch, Mine (pete) and Kellys posts will bne erase... you guys should run for office ! You would fit right in !

how many of your posts have been erased? Hold on, I'll go check.

eel

Our home is girt by sea
JR, you made a mistake using a 1970's prop dyno and throwing on figures as if they were gospel.

You build nice engines. I forgive you.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
bwwhahahahahahahahahah!

all this whining, over some semantic discrepancies, and some possible inaccurate HP numbers?

really guys, whats the real reasons?

JR, you made a mistake using a 1970's prop dyno and throwing on figures as if they were gospel.

You build nice engines. I forgive you.

tom21

havin fun
mouth my friend had one and used it on outboards, he would just take off the outdrive or prop and bolt this up to it, I never saw it in action. from what paul described it sounds like he made a dyno stand like a real nascar dyno to bolt the motor to and then had the dynomite on a two wheeler at the right height.now you just need fuel, battery and a flush kit to run.

no pics of the stand? I never really noticed a hydraulic smell from his but it WAS a smelly old boat garage.

WFO Speedracer

I think Katie summed it all up pretty well a few posts back,refer back toher post it is well stated and written.

Mark44

Katie's Boss

Yes you are correct Mark all torque numbers etc are derived using a formula.Horsepower numbers are derived using the torque numbers x rpms.That land and sea unit is set up to work with the engine in the hull and the jet pump removed,it is ungodly expensive and so are the adaptors.

This gets me thinking being an engineer I think I can build me a Dyno out of McMaster Carr using a pressure transducer then sensor to network converter or for a lap top possibly a sensor modem. :naughty:

Just a thought.

Mark44

tom21

havin fun
bwwhahahahahahahahahah!

all this whining, over some semantic discrepancies, and some possible inaccurate HP numbers?

really guys, whats the real reasons?

haven't you been keeping up? pete called bs on the dyno, paul says it was outback. new shop has one to borrow at the marina.

with pauls word in question- a pic would put this all to bed. Paul all hamming it up nice and big with a motor running out in the compressor shed - smoke blowin out the b-pipe...

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Sweet, I'll help you with the DAQ system and programming.

We also have an electrical engineer in the office I will have to talk with him I am only mechanical I just hurt people when I dabble in electrical. :beerchug:

Mark44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom