The Dyno story

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
There has been PLENTY of speculation, that is for sure.

To be honest though, if Paul lied through his TEETH, and has never had an engine last more than 3 months, and has taken advantage of numerous people,

he has STILL been more professional, more pleasant,and more informative, than most of the folks trying to burn him out. ( the broken record folks)

( Charles, you might be the one exception there, you are GENERALLY well spoken, factual and thought out)

what do you mean by that? How can you make a blanket statement like that?

The Penguin

triple secret probation
How would you feel if you had spent months or even years saving your hard earned money to build a motor largely based on the horsepower claims of the builder you chose? What's worse is that the #'s claimed were not in line with other respected names in the business. They were greatly over anyone else in the industry. When he and I were discussing my carbon fiber chambers it occurred to me that torque values might be even more important than hp #'s. I asked him about this and he said he had been looking at HP, but was going to begin lookin into torque #'s soon. That should be a pretty large red flag. HP is derived directly from torque, particularly inlight of the "dyno" he has pictured. Many people here have fairly limited means and the fact that a particular builder uses fabricated HP claims to get your business is not much different than fraud. Worse yet, what if you spent time building a boat and had quoted the builder's claimed HP #'s publicly only to find they were bogus? Would you not feel like a fool that had been taken advantage of? These claims have been used to sell products over other builders who actually have good reputations. How about the 2005 buildoff boat paul had for sale for $28,500? He actually had 190 HP in the ad. That would certainly be the only way to justify such a price for a stock hulled boat. He still claims on his website to have "certified" technicians in his shop. That could easily play into a customers decision to use him. Also, I've been told he is not responding during the day because he actually works for a bike shop and NOT at LPW during the day. If that is true how would you feel knowing you're waiting on parts from a guy who only works on jetski stuff part time. Maybe that would explain some of the delays. Again, no problem as long as it's disclosed up front. The smart thing would have been to admit the deception and throw himself on the mercy of the court, so to speak. Even Penguin said it's pretty clear to everyone that paul never had a dyno. You think he has a personal vendetta also?
Please do not put words in my mouth. I believe I said it was obvious that Paul was not telling the truth about the dyno...not that he did not have one.

There is a difference in the 2 statments - slight...but a difference.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I was speaking hypothetically.

as in: IF Paul was really such a dishonest, crooked, terribly incompetent engine builder.

whether he is , or isnt, is not my determination, nor do I care really.

I am saying, that most of the folks trying to 'prove' this or that, or make him look bad, are doing it in such a childish way, that its ineffective, and pathetic.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore

pretty sure mouth just meant 'even if' (as in hypothetically) blah blah blah....Paul has acted more like an adult. Which is true. We all know he has built tons of motors that have had zero issues and have lasted just fine.

Edit: as usual, I type too slow....sorry for butting in Mouth.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
righto.

pretty sure mouth just meant 'even if' (as in hypothetically) blah blah blah....Paul has acted more like an adult. Which is true. We all know he has built tons of motors that have had zero issues and have lasted just fine.

Edit: as usual, I type too slow....sorry for butting in Mouth.

crammit442

makin' legs
Please do not put words in my mouth. I believe I said it was obvious that Paul was not telling the truth about the dyno...not that he did not have one.

There is a difference in the 2 statments - slight...but a difference.

My mistake sir. I stand corrected.:usa2:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Sorry for my cussing at people. Paul and kathy and xft lou and some of the others down there, like to jump in and talk smack about what they have no idea about. so its upseting when they think they know, only by the bull paul feeds them.. just like the dyno...
My upsetness, is no excuse for my lashing out and cussing... sorry, I am just passionate and cant stand the bull that paul feeds people for either business, or to stand tall !

Well, I guess we all know by now that Pete is Pete and will curse you out from time to time!!!!!!! It would be nice if he realized that the majority of the people on this sight DO and WILL take his word on just about anything because of the respect he has gained from the people in this sport and that the cursing is not needed to prove his point. But its not gonna happen. I hate that he is banned, RANTING or NOT his support for this sport has been AWESOME and alot of us will miss that from this site.
The reason this thing is SUCH A BIG DEAL and not just another WDK type bash thread that does near nothing to credit or damage reputations is because of the respect both parties involved have from the majority of this community. Hopefully a few drinks and a group hug in Daytona will cure all and we can all get past it.

Sorry, just had to post what I was thinking, not trying to fuel anything here at all.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
i

Ok, well my very close friend David Natkie worked for Paul for about 5 years as a mechanic before he got screwed over with a sponsorship (H20-X) from the old 24-7 and then Paul sold all of his ********. Now Dave has a Hull and no motor and hasn’t ridden in years... This is a real shame because he was/is a very talented rider. Anyway, there is / was no dyno at Paul’s shop. I spent days helping him pack everything into a trailer and there was no sign of it... Not to mention all the times I was down there hanging out over the last 10 or so years.
that’s my 2 cents for what its worth.

The Judge would like to hear Davids take on the situation.

Mark44

Attachments

• JudgeJudyaaa_lg.jpg
    JudgeJudyaaa_lg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 10

Big Kahuna

Administrator
At the end of the day.......... There are no winners here........... Everybody loses............

something to think about.........

one member has already requested that his account be deleted........ (do not ask). But I will say this....... He will be missed.

Last edited:

ROTATION

Why must I build it??????
Seems like LPW and WDK should start a business teaching people how to milk clients, they would maybe make even more money that way
Just my take on things

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
At the end of the day.......... There are no winners here........... Everybody loses............

something to think about.........

one member has already requested that his account be deleted........ (do not ask). But I will say this....... He will be missed.

I already miss him. no more mid day PM's saying "Lets ride after work"...

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
It would be like me saying that I have a full staff of factory certified techs to professionally repair your Seadoo watercraft,then when you drive by drop your unit off, its just me here.I am not even listed in the yellow pages,nor do I advertise anywhere else,my business was built entirely on word of mouth advertising .That way honestly is not only the best policy its the only policy that will keep you in business.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
So at this point, what do you guys want out of this? Or do you just delight in someone else's misery? Or are you just posting because you want to be involved in a huge negative thread?

SeaLion

Jet Ski Junkie
This whole scenario unfortunately happens on every forum I have been a member of. It started with RSJS, PWCT, SBT, SDN, RR, GH. Anyone really doubt it wouldn't happen at X? That's all I have to say. Unfortunately, this is part of the deal.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
I already miss him. no more mid day PM's saying "Lets ride after work"...

get AIM - I'm sure he'll tear up your AIM window like he's been tearing up mine today :biggrin:

ya, and now I'll be the one selling all of his damn parts... :crying:

And is it just me, or does it seem like we have less drama out here near the left coast?

yes, seems like it. Maybe all the hippies out there did something right.

So at this point, what do you guys want out of this? Or do you just delight in someone else's misery? Or are you just posting because you want to be involved in a huge negative thread?

peace, love and double backies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom