The Dyno story

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
You could have posted a picture of a big dollar $$$ nascar type dyno, and most of these people nipping at your heels would STILL be trying to make a joke, or run you down about it.

I for one appreciate you explaining it. I had envisioned the same type of tuning tool that you ended up describing.

I wouldn't loose any sleep of the folks here that seem to be trying their best to cause you some trouble, In the grand scheme of things, most of them, only have personal vendettas, little more.

Agreed 100%. And I don't think I've ever agreed 100% with you on any thread, except the stripper glitter one :Banane26:

Paul, much respect for the post. It would be easier to have just let it slide and got on with business.

michael950

for me to POOP on!
I think the Dyno thread should be scheduled to close at Midnight.

EVERYTHING to say, and joke to be made has been said.

We need to move on. I am about to take a break from the whole thing. Same people, same tune, over, and over, and over, on, and on, and on, and on, over, and over, and over, on, and on, and on.

:hitwithrock: :smashfreakB:

Insanity: Repeating the process and expecting different results each time.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
o

I think the Dyno thread should be scheduled to close at Midnight.

EVERYTHING to say, and joke to be made has been said.

We need to move on. I am about to take a break from the whole thing. Same people, same tune, over, and over, and over, on, and on, and on, and on, over, and over, and over, on, and on, and on.

:hitwithrock: :smashfreakB:

Insanity: Repeating the process and expecting different results each time.

Why close it let people practice there typing.

Mark44

Superjet3

Waterlogged
I think the problem with this forum is that it was started by a shop owner. Everyone has to expect that the way it operates will favor that person, regardless of what they might have said when it was started. This site is looked at as a business... Simple as that.

I would have never chimed in on this thread, as I considered Paul a friend. When I would hear him referencing the dyno talking to people I would just chuckle in my head not thinking it was a big deal. However, after finding out what was really happening with my "Deposit" (2K) while waiting for 9 months for my lamey, I realized that I was not considered a friend in return. On top of that after the cyl was sold 2 times when it finally was about to be built it wasn’t even the cyl it was sold as (I never checked it for stroke when I received it) and the unfortunate buyer had to deal with that problem... This made me feel like a dick because I was the original buyer.

I have also witnessed first hand people who were charged for Items (held the receipt in my hand) and the corresponding work / parts were not installed on their ski...(Inspected ski myself) That is just wrong..........

I can see why Pete is upset with Paul. Everyone only sees one view of the situation (What is on the Internet) and not what Pete had to deal with. So please stop making judgments about Pete. He has every right to be as angry as he is. Pete has supported Paul and pushed his products like he does with all his sponsors. Yet Paul on the other hand would just yell at Pete or put him down for doing so. Why sponsor a person if you do not want them promoting your product?

Also, as requested I will see if I can get Dave to chime in on this thread if it is still open.

I am done venting

You could have posted a picture of a big dollar $$$ nascar type dyno, and most of these people nipping at your heels would STILL be trying to make a joke, or run you down about it.

I for one appreciate you explaining it. I had envisioned the same type of tuning tool that you ended up describing.

I wouldn't loose any sleep of the folks here that seem to be trying their best to cause you some trouble, In the grand scheme of things, most of them, only have personal vendettas, little more.

Thats so true! This has never been about a dyno. Only a small group who want to ruin Paul to kiss up to the new shop in town. (Like above ^)
99.9% of people hear wouldn't know a dyno if they were standing next to one. I know I wouldn't, and I've been around and working on ski's since 88!
We all had a good chuckle in Myrtle Beach in 06 when Pete couldn't find or fix a problem with his ski. All it was was his dual carb linkage. Pete laughed and said, "dude I don't know sheot about skis. I just ride em." Do you think Pete would know what a dyno looks like? lol I dont think so.
Even if Paul had all the proof in the world about a dyno, some people here would still cry foul. Pathetic huh?

Last edited:

eel

Our home is girt by sea
I have been around all kinds of Dyno's my whole life. This Pic. is not a dyno that will give you any kind of HP reading. We all know that HP is figured by torque and RPM. This contraption has none of these measurements available especially a torque measurement. It may however load the motors for break in purposes and tuning. When I look at it it looks to be 25+ years old and was never built to have a 50+hp motor on it. So any kind of HP assumption is out of the question and tuning would be almost pointless.

Anyway HRP Motorsports does have a couple of real dyno's. We are located in Rockford MI. Currently the dyno that we use for our watercraft/snowmobile motors is at Warnert Racing. Warnert racing is the Ski-doo Factory Snow Cross race team located in MN. Brad Hulings the owner and operator of HRP Motorsports/Dyno and is the acting general manager of the 5 teams at Warnert Racing. The Dyno will be available in April for use.

If anyone would like to have some dyno work done please call Aaron @ 616-822-6962 cell. Aaron is Brad's son and is currently running HRP in his free time and is building a couple of motors for next year to compete with. Aaron and I are currently building wamiltons boats with 6mm motors. Should be a real nice package. Last year our motors had a true 123hp with stock cylinders and under 800cc. We expect to be in the 130-135hp range with the improvements over this winter. Please see pics of real dyno. Before anyone asks the laptop is with the dyno in MN. I will not be able to provide a print out right now, HP print outs will be available to anyone having dyno work done at HRP. Customer is welcome to be present for the dyno work being done.

Also Aaron and I (Kyle) work at Team Alpine (Yamaha Kawasaki Dealership). We are available during the day mon-fri at 616-784-1221.

Thats a land and sea, not a real dyno.

Get an engine warm and do multiple runs. +/- 10% aint testing.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
Only a small group who want to ruin Paul to kiss up to the new shop in town. (Like above ^)

I'm gonna' have to call foul on this one, Ronny. I don't see IHOP kissing up to anyone.

I first met IHOP via Paul and he has NEVER given me a reason to think that he would be vindictive in a situation such as this.

I have numerous people that I consider friends mixed up in this clusterdoughnut and some of them are on different sides of the fence. :skull2:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
I'm gonna' have to call foul on this one, Ronny. I don't see IHOP kissing up to anyone.

I first met IHOP via Paul and he has NEVER given me a reason to think that he would be vindictive in a situation such as this.

I have numerous people that I consider friends mixed up in this clusterdoughnut and some of them are on different sides of the fence. :skull2:
ding ding ding!!!

tell him what he's won!

Scorn800

Ride for life

Thank you Chic.
This is not about the new shop owner.
We are not here to ruin Paul or the site.
This about Paul lying and giving BS HP claims to try to sell stuff!

I have a problem believing guys in Pete's crew. I have heard from people in jersey telling me things you wouldn't believe, and that my theory as to why they are so determined to trash LPW is right on the money. I-Hop seems like a good guy to me also, but manipulation is a factor to me.

Superjet3

Waterlogged

Thanks Chick, I am not one to take sides... However if some one F's me over I am not afraid to tell what happened. Yes, I am friends with Mark. I was also friends with Paul (So I thought). I have no need to kiss up to anyone as I do all my own work and I usually buy my parts from the cheapest place possible... Local shop or not. I give everyone an equal chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom