The Dyno story

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
I have a problem believing guys in Pete's crew. I have heard from people in jersey telling me things you wouldn't believe, and that my theory as to why they are so determined to trash LPW is right on the money. I-Hop seems like a good guy to me also, but manipulation is a factor to me.
I don't know who Flushy is talking to, but I agree with what he said. Some things are coming from people not even remotely connected to the Jersey crew...well the only connection is thru Paul's shop.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
This thread has gone straight to hell as they all do anymore-now u guys can't decide which side of the fence to be on?????????????????????????

I hope like hell u 2 decide your on the correct side of the fence.

I myself have always and will always like the poonany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLMAO

that there was toooooo dam funny:moon:

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
when choosing sides, just remember . . .

the grass is always greener over the septic tank :fing02:

WOW I missed a lot while at work today....

I look at it like this.. If Paul has lied about the dyno does that make him a bad engine builder.... NO It just makes him a lier which is wrong. If he had charged a certain $ for Dyno tuning then that needs to be addressed but on the motors that know of he doesn't charge for these made up number. But Paul has a bunch of motors out there that are super strong running motors with no problems.

Yea he had a problem with big bore sleeves dropping but he had just started doing big bores AFAIK and he has addressed the problem and tried to make things right on his part. That is all anyone can do. Did you read the problems that I have had with the "NEW" builder. :rant: I would stick with Paul and some misconstrued numbers...

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
speaedfreak,

that makes ALOT of things come full circle for me.

It explains the ENDLESS stuck record complaints, and whining/bitching about LPW.

a competitor.. the absolute most obvious answer...

is it really that simple guys?

this entire thread, topic, and subject is sad as FAWK.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
I've been getting lots of pm's from people wondering what has been going on. I havent responded to any of them as I was going to stay out of the whole mess, but I'll give my side of everything. some people might think my opinions are biased since im good friends with Paul. Thats not really the case though, because I am also friends with Pete, John Scorn, Paul (ihop) and Mark.

I'll start off by saying if it werent for Paul I would still be ridign my fx-140 thinking im the coolest thing on the water, and posting on pwctoday asking if my wax job looked good.

As for the dyno, I have no idea what a dyno even is, now i know its a machine that measure torque and horsepower. Did Paul ever have one in his shop? I have no clue, I could have tripped over one and not known it. I have seen Paul and the other mechanics using laptops, pda's and all kinds of other devices while building and tuning skis, but I have no idea what they were for or what they were doing with them.

Turnaround times are another thing that has come up. Have I seen people mad at Paul for bad turnaround times? yes Have I seen people mad at Paul for various reasons? Yes. But on that same note, I have seen people pissed at team scream for bad turnaround times and other things, Ive seen people pissed at Full Throttle for various things, I have seen people pissed at Blowsion for various things, I have seen people pissed at Ed Brazina for various things, I have seen people pissed at Wamiltons for various things Ive seen people pissed at Pat Bogart for various things. Does this make all these people bad builders and businessmen? No it doesnt. Every single company in this industry has good and bad experiences under their belt and anyone that tells you that the company they deal with has never had a customer pissed at them is lying. Paul puts more heart in his work than anyone I have seen. When he was in Jersey, he would be at his shop from early morning till all hours of the night , sometimes till about 3am or so. Not because he wanted to, but because he had to. Trying to do work all day while people are calling to check on their stuff takes time away from a builder doing their job. A secretary wont work in a situation like that because everyone wants to talk to the person doing the work, not a person just answering the phones. So 3 hours of phone calls means 3 hours staying late at work to finish work that was supposed to be done.

When you have friends that are fighting it always puts you in an awkward situation. I talked to Pete on the phone last night and I understand why he is pissed. Everyone in the pissing match are good people, just caught up in drama but I bet would all sit down and drink a beer together and laugh.

I know I'm gonna get people saying to stop kissing Pauls ass but I dont see it like that. I consider Paul a true friend and he has always gone above and beyond to help me and my family with anything we needed, not just with skis, but in life in general.

One more thing, my other thread that I started about observations of the site was not directed at anyone in particular. Ive gotten pm's asking if it was directed at Pete and other people but it is in no way directed at Pete or anyone in particular. Pete is a friend of mine and I would call him before I would post anything like that about him.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
And as for the site being owned by a shop owner, how is that even an issue? He doesnt put his name all over the site, and god knows he doesnt get rid of negative comments made about him. How many of the companies that frequent this site would let bashing like has been going on continue on a site that they helped start and maintain? This site was put together for all of us to have a place to organize rides and share ideas and lend advice for builds. Without this site where would the freerides be?

The Penguin

triple secret probation
It's about perception Ron - whether Paul does anything wrong or not.

Part of the reason Pete was aloud to flame out so long was to prove that Paul was not immune to negative feedback.

Honestly I think a bunch of people around here need a tinfoil hat!

I'm taking orders now - please specify which style you prefer:

Attachments

• EveMGTFH.jpg
    EveMGTFH.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 16
  • tinfoil.jpg
    tinfoil.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 16
  • kutcherside.jpg
    kutcherside.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 14
  • tinfoil-hat.jpg
    tinfoil-hat.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
Dont get me wrong Shawn, Pete had a legitamate complaint and every right to post it. I was just stating my opinions on the matters.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
people seem to dwell on the negatives. Does one mistake really negate 100's of positives?

Did i mention that my lpw freestyle 760 kicks ass?

dyno or not, his motors make dayum good power. when you build any 2 stroke that extreme, your riding a ticking time bomb and you know it when you have it done. no he hasnt done any work for me and i have only met him once in nashville. my 2 cents on the deal

GinoNewOrleans

Proud REPUBLICAN
I posted this on the "who should build my engine" thread. I felt it fit this thread better, so here ya go.
I'm sure at some point everyone has a bad experience. I don't know why they keep going back. I would think if you don't like the way someone does something. 1 Give them a chance to correct it, at there cost. 2 If that does not work, never deal with them again. If everyone did this, the people that did bad business wouldn't be in business for long. I don't know Paul at all, and owe him nothing. But I did buy Taylor's ski with a LPW in it. I have not had one problem what so ever. I ride it pretty hard and think it's a great surf boat. Too bad there is no surf in New Orleans. There are not that many guys out there to buy from and get work done in this sport, so if you don't like the way someone does things go to someone else. It's one thing to let people know a/b your dealing with someone, but come on. The complaining, and low blows is so childish. Most people on this site are just "rec riders" not pros. I see everyone is sick of seeing so much poop talking, and I agree. I am a nobody in this sport, just here to find parts and learn how to ride better. Just my 2 cents.

Nothing personal, Paul's a snake oil salesman, I've met him, been to his old shop in jersey several times, never bought anything from him. He's a salesman, tried and true. I know a handfull of people on this site, including Pete, Scorn and others, not defending either, but let it rest, I'm sure that there are tiny details on both sides that we don't hear about, that would be a major factor in this debate, but let it rest, and I hope that they can work it out on their own without destroying this site. pwctoday got destroyed this way, and this site isn't far behind. I think a group hug is needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom