Trinity Composites Matrix Pro Hull

are you going to offer a fiberglass version as well?

He will build anything you want. Just call and talk to him. Well he won't build you a 20 pound ski because he knows it won't last. But he will do what he can to meet what you want.

But I heard that his layups will be the same as the SXR options on his web site. Prices will be similar also.

are you going to offer a fiberglass version as well?

His fiberglass version is a combination of S-glass, E-glass, and Vinyl Ester Resin.... With still the best glues available. The cost of those glues just blows my mind.

That baseline hull is still leaps beyond the Chop matt Polyester rev you are rockin. But im sure you understand that now. :noevil:

Personally, I would still opt for the Kevlar/s-glass model.... I think for the extra 1k it is worth every penny, to have a hull that is that much lighter and that much stronger.... But then again, who wouldnt love to have the Carbon and Kevlar epoxy pro if they had the $$$$.... All of the hulls are built to handle whatever you can dish out.

I would guesstimate 60-65lbs for the pro
Around 80lbs for the XF
And probably around 90lbs for the ES

But those are all just MY guesses, based on what I have seen from the larger SXR based hulls that leave Bobby's shop. And remeber, those weights include, exhuast, scupper, footholds and foam in the upper portion of hull.

Also, no matter which hull you choose, you still get the Pro version Hood. Carbon-kevlar-epoxy.

You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Awesome post bud. A true craftsman.

My mantra as well

My angle of marketing has always been honest and educational to show where others have fallen short for the quick gain. When I build a ski for a customer I truly want it to be the last hull you buy unless you want to start a collection. Some people have said you have it all wrong," You need to have them break at some point". The way I look at it is, there is a new buyer born everyday and it is a big world. I go to sleep knowing I build the best I can with no shortcuts and no substitutions.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
His fiberglass version is a combination of S-glass, E-glass, and Vinyl Ester Resin.... With still the best glues available. The cost of those glues just blows my mind.

That baseline hull is still leaps beyond the Chop matt Polyester rev you are rockin. But im sure you understand that now. :noevil:

Personally, I would still opt for the Kevlar/s-glass model.... I think for the extra 1k it is worth every penny, to have a hull that is that much lighter and that much stronger.... But then again, who wouldnt love to have the Carbon and Kevlar epoxy pro if they had the $$$$.... All of the hulls are built to handle whatever you can dish out.

I would guesstimate 60-65lbs for the pro
Around 80lbs for the XF
And probably around 90lbs for the ES

But those are all just MY guesses, based on what I have seen from the larger SXR based hulls that leave Bobby's shop. And remeber, those weights include, exhuast, scupper, footholds and foam in the upper portion of hull.

Also, no matter which hull you choose, you still get the Pro version Hood. Carbon-kevlar-epoxy.

You get what you pay for.

Ok Robin glad to hear it.

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
For all you guys who wanted to check it out at Daytona, it won't be there. To much time in this beast to risk showing the prototype. I might get primer on before daytona, so here are a couple almost ready to prime pics. I still have a little work to the nose to blend the pole area. Need to cut a few sharp lines and some radius work. Add recesses for the turf to flush out in the tray and prime. If anyone is interested in a hull please contact me. I will put your name on the list to take deposits when the molds are complete. I can only build 15 hulls total this year between the sxr, x-2 and Matrix. Wanted to give all the x-men the heads up before Daytona. Also wanted to say thanks to all the guys here supporting and promoting my effort allowing me to be in this position, it greatly appreciated.
DSCF4277.jpg

DSCF4278.jpg

DSCF4282.jpg

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
It seems that it's "hip to be square" again! I'm disappointed that I can't see it in Daytona, but it does look sharp.

It looks like it is 5 foot long. And the nose picture looks wierd but I am sure that it is the angle of the shot. ( and the fact that it isn't done...) But other than that

AWESOME I love the lines. Keep my name on the list.

Top Bottom