Trinity Composites Matrix Pro Hull

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
Trinity, what do you think about making the surface of the bottom hull like that of a golfball? the snowboard companies have been making P-tex surfaces for their boards that make a more movement efficient contact surface. we used to roughen the surfaces of our 440/550 race hulls for the same effect. it keeps the water from sticking to it as much, creating less drag on the hull.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
snow boards have extruded and sintered bases that are there to absorb wax, the "pores" open when using an iron during a hot wax to absorb wax and slowely "bleed" it out to keep them fast...........so unless you plan on using honda wax i dont think this would work.

wakeboards on the other hand used to have golf ball sized round dents on there bottoms in like 94'........which no board on the market has today soooo....must have been a reason for that......

i think maybe if you steped the hull to pull air under it would create less drag but i dont the the time or money would be woth it on a small craft IMO....

keep it normal.

the WaTeRhAwK

snow boards have extruded and sintered bases that are there to absorb wax, the "pores" open when using an iron during a hot wax to absorb wax and slowely "bleed" it out to keep them fast...........so unless you plan on using honda wax i dont think this would work.

wakeboards on the other hand used to have golf ball sized round dents on there bottoms in like 94'........which no board on the market has today soooo....must have been a reason for that......

i think maybe if you steped the hull to pull air under it would create less drag but i dont the the time or money would be woth it on a small craft IMO....

keep it normal.

they're making snowboards with the golfball dents too, it has nothing to do with the absorption, if any, of the wax. P-tex material doesn't "absorb" wax. and if you filled in the golfball type dents with wax, you'd be defeating the purpose of them being there to begin with....... and Ironing a board is not to open "pores" of the base material, it is to smooth it out by melting it flat. Ironing is just a maintanence procedure to keep P-tex material flat and smooth, after it has become garred up from riding conditions.

http://scskate.com/snow/boards/features.php

Last edited:

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
thats just weird....................i dont see how that would work well on a snowboard........how would you hot wax it properly? it wouldnt scrape right.........and it Santa Cruz.........who even rides a Santa Cruz snowboard that hasnt had 1 since the early 90's, what pros ride a santa cruz that kill it?

the WaTeRhAwK

thats just weird....................i dont see how that would work well on a snowboard........how would you hot wax it properly? it wouldnt scrape right.........and it Santa Cruz.........who even rides a Santa Cruz snowboard that hasnt had 1 since the early 90's, what pros ride a santa cruz that kill it?
I would say that the reduction in surface contact area with the snow, reduces the need as much for waxing it. I'm sure it's not completely eliminated, but greatly reduced. also, I think that "struct-turn" base material is probably not conventional P-tex, either.

the WaTeRhAwK

well, I personally wouldn't be trying to rail slide a ski, but that doesn't mean it's not ever gonna happen..lol

also, when we were roughening up the hulls on our 440's and 550's we werent using wax..

the WaTeRhAwK

noone wants to hear what anyone did to a 440 25 years ago!!!!!

Trinity knows what he's doing.

never said anything about him not knowing what he's doing, edwin. I just suggested a more high performance surface for the bottom of the hull. no big deal....lol

the WaTeRhAwK

dude could probably get a job working for Lockheed, building electric stealth skis for navy seals.

Top Bottom