Trinity Composites Matrix Pro Hull

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Nice progress, I like the look of it. I wish you did something similar with the SXR hull instead of a more direct OEM copy but hey, I probably won't buy one for another 5 years so my opinions don't really matter. Plus that 800 X2 hull is pretty darn tempring too...

Why is the rear top of the gunwhales squared off so sharp? Is it to keep with the design scheme of sharp angles or is it stronger? I just seems sharp and that it would be painfull to hit, and that is somewhere that would get hit repeatedly. My legs would get mangled pretty quick. The only thing I would change would be to round them off......of course I don't know crap about making hulls and only a little bit about riding them compared to the pros who are involved in this design process.

Since Bobby appears to have missed this one, I'll answer. I had the same question when I saw it. He said that it will definitely get pretty rounded back there. The lines elsewhere on the hull will get mildly rounded using thick coats of primer, but the rear gunwhales will get plenty of rounding to allow the turf to wrap the sides to the top where it'll have an indention where it stops, somewhat similar to a squarenose from what he described to me.

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
One more shot of primer and then it is off to molds.
DSCF4511.jpg

RiverRat

Since Bobby appears to have missed this one, I'll answer. I had the same question when I saw it. He said that it will definitely get pretty rounded back there. The lines elsewhere on the hull will get mildly rounded using thick coats of primer, but the rear gunwhales will get plenty of rounding to allow the turf to wrap the sides to the top where it'll have an indention where it stops, somewhat similar to a squarenose from what he described to me.

The only concern I have is the squareness of it. One charcteristic I noticed of squarnose hulls is how quick they stop rotating on 3/4 rolls or stabs. The flat surfaces just seem to stall that rotation if you hit the water. Since I have been riding roundnose hulls that seems to be eliminated or at very least minimized. I do like the handlepole position. I have heard from a couple of people that the q8 and FS1 rotate too fast on backflips. The pivot that far forward makes the nose real twitchy. But the trinity hull looks like it will be right inbetween. More responsive but not too far forward. Just my .02

Last edited:
The only concern I have is the squareness of it. One charcteristic I noticed of squarnose hulls is how quick they stop rotating on 3/4 rolls or stabs. The flat surfaces just seem to stall that rotation if you hit the water. Since I have been riding roundnose hulls that seems to be eliminated or at very least minimized. I do like the handlepole position. I have heard from a couple of people that the q8 and FS1 rotate too fast on backflips. The pivot that far forward makes the nose real twitchy. But the trinity hull looks like it will be right inbetween. More responsive but not too far forward. Just my .02

don't do 3/4 rolls.... he he he j/k

WTF Are you serius? I dont think this ski will have any trouble doing a role or a stab. I think your problem with your square nose was operator error. jmo lol If it ant plate to plate it ant straight.... I witnessed Parr Daddy having no trouble at all when testing the prototype.

Besides this ski is alot lower profile then a square..... I think you are putting way to much thought into this.

Last edited:

RiverRat

WTF Are you serius? I dont think this ski will have any trouble doing a role or a stab. I think your problem with your square nose was operator error. jmo lol If it ant plate to plate it ant straight.... I witnessed Parr Daddy having no trouble at all when testing the prototype.

Besides this ski is alot lower profile then a square..... I think you are putting way to much thought into this.

Cracker ass cracker! I am saying flat surfaces effect how the hull pulls out of certin tricks. That is my experience :icon16:

Cracker ass cracker! I am saying flat surfaces effect how the hull pulls out of certin tricks. That is my experience :icon16:

haha... I see where you are coming from, but a old square nose hull is completely flat on the entire top. This hull has flat area's, but the nose and hood are all at angles and it is far from a square nose.

But hey, whatever you think:dead1:

P

PancakePete

This Matrix looks awesome... :cheer:

Top Bottom