Trinity Composites Matrix Pro Hull

I just saw Trinity makes X-2 hulls. Didn't know that.

Can he make SXR hulls that run SJ motor and pump? Just curious...

carbonjet

::::::::::::::::::
I just saw Trinity makes X-2 hulls. Didn't know that.

Can he make SXR hulls that run SJ motor and pump? Just curious...

Yeah he is finishing one right now for a client, I believe its in carbon and kevlar to boot.

In regards to the SXR, I think he may be able to adapt it I don't know, if anyone could do it, it would be Bobby. The hulls and components are engineered down to the atomic molecule :27::veryhappy:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I would just run the Kawasaki pump/driveshaft/bulkhead support/bearings. That way you don't have to fool with shimming the engine/pump as much as you do on a Yamaha. Just drop in the Yamaha engine with a kawasaki style coupler on it.

As for the Gen 2 X2... I haven't won the lottery yet :( If I do I will get this 1100 engine I have worked over and put it in one! Can you say 60+ mph 1100 powered gen 2 X2?

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
They do any size.

I thought once it got so big there was issues with the pump not fitting right into the hull. I know Tom had to gring out a lot of his pump shoe and part of his WD Envy hull to fit a 142 on his build thread. Still though, I would be happy with just a 140 mag in my ski...

I have always ridden Kawies, I like the ease of the drive line on them. In the words of Gill W. "Kawasaki and Yamaha should just join forces and build one ski with the parts/thing Kawasaki does bast and the things/parts Yamaha does bast." This was after I told him prop removals were much easier on a Kawasaki. He and YZ struggled with a crappy Solas prop tool to get a prop off the drive shaft.

Last edited:
Kawasaki has absolutely zero parts that are better than Yamaha. Hull design maybe but still way to heavy.

So AM light SXR hull with all SJ hardware=bulletproof!:pokey:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Kawasaki has absolutely zero parts that are better than Yamaha. Hull design maybe but still way to heavy.

So AM light SXR hull with all SJ hardware=bulletproof!:pokey:

OEM Coupler is a better design. Why does everybody change their couplers over to the Kawi style?

Kawi pump is much easier to work with, removing a prop is always a piece of cake. Wish I could say the same for a Yamaha pump.

Kawi motors are just as bulletproof if not better. I have never had to turn a wrench on my SXR after 5 seasons.

Carb design on SXR is so much better than the OEM 38's.

How can anyone with the amount of time in this hobby that you have say Kawi motors are better quality motors? Even the quality of the castings is worse. Threads strip out more often and more easily. The crank life sucks (MOST unnacceptable.). The carb coupling sucks. They are heavy. The pumps rattle and make angry monster noises.

Did you leave yours stock and ride it for 5 years? Or did you immediately upgrade certain things and then ride it 5 years. And how often do you ride? How many hours on the ski?:pokey:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
The pump rattle is more obvious because the splines are at the pump instead of in the intermediate shaft inside the hull, so you hear them more. Yamaha's driveline is a lesser design due to the intermediate shaft. I'd rather have the Kawi driveline in any ski.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
How can anyone with the amount of time in this hobby that you have say Kawi motors are better quality motors? Even the quality of the castings is worse. Threads strip out more often and more easily. The crank life sucks (MOST unnacceptable.). The carb coupling sucks. They are heavy. The pumps rattle and make angry monster noises.

Did you leave yours stock and ride it for 5 years? Or did you immediately upgrade certain things and then ride it 5 years. And how often do you ride? How many hours on the ski?:pokey:

I bought the SXR in May of 04. Raced it 2 weeks later. Been racing the piss out of it ever since. It is full Stock Spec' setup. Only thing I have not changed is the ignition.

Like I said, I have ridden the piss out of it without a hickup. Oh, zero noise from the pump also.

I wish I could say the same for my SJ. I have run Klotz Benol in it since I bought it. When I ride it, it gets ridden WFO all the time. Either turning bouys or endurance riding.

I'm just messin.... although I believe everything I type.

I clearly love all stand ups. To the point that I am addicted like the movie says.

I really want to build another ski and I don't even know why. A build is like a cigarette I imagine (I don't smoke em')...no real buzz but addictive, expensive, and satisfying.

Top Bottom