Waterdawg's 1200cc R.E.V.

Submarine

Dollar Ballerina
Some may remember this, it's funny to me:biggrin: .

Sub Wrote: "he weasled his way into". What is "weasled"? I think the word you were looking for was "weaseled".

Easy, you did the same thing to me once Sub, it just proves that no one(better word choice would be "none") of (us)is perfect.

Thanks for the tip Skywalker.

F

Freestyleriverrat

Once again Sub, thank you for the well articulated argument. However, I am going to have to continue to disagree with you on a number of fronts. WD will elevate the level for freestyle riders that can afford his motors and hulls. Just as Malone released his EME line that is w/o a doubt one of the most extreme performance boats available...........(the other is obviously the REV 12) WD's new boat is just as if not more impressive from both a power and fit/finish aspect.

Why does WD not contribute back to the sport? Think about it, with Jeff having problems with production as it is, why would he spend his limited capital to advertise to invite more customers to get in line and wait for his products. If he wanted to Submarine his operation then that would be a wise choice. Up until now his main focus has been on creating his products, now the gears are shifting more towards the line of producing his products. He has spent years making changes, making parts stronger, lightening some parts and build big HP. His current line up of products is impressive: REV hulls (glass or prepreg), X-jet Hulls (glass or prepreg), 1200cc motors, BB gp800 motors, whole line of billet parts, billet handle pole w/ carbon or prepreg skin and multiple bottom decks to choose from all developed by WD over the years. Few other companies can boast that kind of resume. If you are a spokesman for Blowsion then they do not have anything to fuss about. They cater to mainly the typical SJ and SXR rider that wants anodized this, or polished that or a little more punch and control out of their boat but they do not make the big power or spend the time developing something new (not just improvements upon a given platform). It is those people that do not want a Sj or SXR and do want obscene power for flat-water freestyle that WD caters too. You see what I am saying, in my mind they are 2 different markets.

WD is in a league of their own now :Banane09: and I will continue to applaud them throughout their triumphs and failures. Faith in WD......I would not go that far, more like recognizing and supporting talent when you see it. Perhaps if you guys see some WD products in person (like at Daytona when Tom brings his boat down) you will see what the hype is all about. For me it is not only the quality of the products but the thought that went into developing those products that pumps me up about WD.

Hunter V.

Submarine

Dollar Ballerina
I think Eric Malone would rather not have his name, nor his products, mentioned in the same sentence as waterdawg or jeff curry.
Again, you prove exactly my point about why people should avoid waterdawg. His supporters on here, you included, seem to want people to buy on faith yet at the same time discount that jeff should be held to any kind of standard about producing products. And that is what he is trying to do isn't it? Produce and sell a product? That's all fine and good if he wants to just make stuff for his buddies, but you, Mike and the kansas krew are doing the big kneel down to try and pump up his business for your own benefit. Of course, Jeff aparently cannot speak for himself and instead relies on y'all to do it for him. His actions speak louder than words and weaseling in to a spot at the World Finals (spaces that cost upwards of $10k) and supposedly taking orders proves otherwise.

Jeff doesn't have a clue what he is doing. He has no background or 'resume' to speak of. He's borrowed that, stolen this, and takes so long because his failures stack up more than his dubious successes. Now we are supposed to believe he is the one to go to for big bore power? Quite a gamble I'd say. I'd put my hard earned money into a company with more history, a better track record, one that pays back the sport that supports them, and there are certainly no shortage of those.

You are correct that there are two different markets. The big three cater to the up and coming freestylers, all of the pros, and people who like to get what they pay for. Waterdawg caters to those people who think putting a 70's El Camino on a jacked up 4x4 Chevy Monster truck frame is a great idea.

I am a spokesman for no one but those who would rather not speak for themselves.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I think Eric Malone would rather not have his name, nor his products, mentioned in the same sentence as waterdawg or jeff curry.

I think Eric is SOL b/c the 1200cc WD ski is the only boat that can compete with his so the two being mentioned in the same sentence is just the nature of competition.

That's all fine and good if he wants to just make stuff for his buddies, but you, Mike and the kansas krew are doing the big kneel down to try and pump up his business for your own benefit.

I wish I knew what "benifit" you were talking about............I pay full price same as the next guy. I stick up for him b/c I like his products and innovation. Thats it!

I think Jeff is being smart b/c he is not going to let this thread be smeered like it was on PWCToday a while back when he introduced teh X-jet. You were all over him and he cannot dedicate the time or effort (not that he would even want to) in having a long drawn out feud with you online. If you have issues, give him a call.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I personally have said all I need to say on the matter. You will not see me resopnd to Subs coments any longer in public. If you have any more pressing issues Sub., please feel free to PM me on those matters.

I guess I work in a slimeball company too. We set up some of our products in the trade show booth of a company that we do business with. This was all done without us paying for the space or getting our own. Are we crooks or did we try to save money by not renting a booth or manning it or setting it up or paying to build a display? You nitpick some rediculous things. Of course he didn't get a booth. His company is still in the startup/early growth stage. My company is much bigger than his and we couldn't swing 10k.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I think Eric is SOL b/c the 1200cc WD ski is the only boat that can compete with his so the two being mentioned in the same sentence is just the nature of competition.

I wish I knew what "benifit" you were talking about............I pay full price same as the next guy. I stick up for him b/c I like his products and innovation. Thats it!

I think Jeff is being smart b/c he is not going to let this thread be smeered like it was on PWCToday a while back when he introduced teh X-jet. You were all over him and he cannot dedicate the time or effort (not that he would even want to) in having a long drawn out feud with you online. If you have issues, give him a call.

actually, The EME hull is to the Octane What the Wammer Hull is to the SJ...... Or the LightweightDE Hull, Lenzi Hull etc......... there is nothing special about it that makes it different than the others, they are all in the same class.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
I am a spokesman for no one but those who would rather not speak for themselves.

then shut up. :rolleyes:

how in THE hell is mike and the "kansas krew" gonna help their situation and better themselves by promoting waterdawg!?!? they already HAVE their skis, genius. :rolleyes:

and if eric would rather his name not come up when discussing waterdawg, then you need to tell him he should've thought about that before he went off producing and selling his own production skis on the coat-tail of all the other companies that have been doing it from the start. he just joined the club, einstien.

and you're one to be talking about "kneeling", sub :rolleyes: the only reason you bash waterdawg is because jeff wouldn't sell you a cheap ski.....wanh....wanh...waaaaanh!!!! and so you think it will gain you favor from blowsion anyway. you're a chunk of coal, sub, and you'll never be a diamond with your attitude, so just hang it up.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
actually, The EME hull is to the Octane What the Wammer Hull is to the SJ...... Or the LightweightDE Hull, Lenzi Hull etc......... there is nothing special about it that makes it different than the others, they are all in the same class.

yeah, especially because of the gunwales. :rolleyes:

what the hell is up with that anyway?

Submarine

Dollar Ballerina
Sorry, I'll continue to annoy every clueless curry cult member as I please.
Funny waterhawk, I was bashing curry years before the xjet was even an idea curry could steal.

Oh and GDFL, how long does that early startup stage last? Curry has had delusions of being "one of the big four" from as early as 2003. I'd say that ended when he ripped off Kirk Gebb for materials, but that's just me.

Ed was treating him as any retail customer, don't misunderstand the relationship.

Funny how there is no answer as to why a supposedly paid for ski was offered up to a supposed pro/amateur freestyler to ride but denied for a respected engine builder. As usual, the cult denies that which they cannot explain and offers lame excuses and diversions for the rest.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
Funny how there is no answer as to why a supposedly paid for ski was offered up to a supposed pro/amateur freestyler to ride but denied for a respected engine builder. As usual, the cult denies that which they cannot explain and offers lame excuses and diversions for the rest.

As usual, Mile9c1 had to work during the day and couldn't log onto this site till he got home :banghead:

Nobody said it was a paid for ski. If it were a paid for ski, a lot more people would have ridden it. Hey did you catch on this thread where Paul said "I saw the boat first hand & met Jeff at Body Beach. I must say I was impressed! The array of Ideas & the quality of fit & finish were above par."

That's a pretty nice compliment :smile: I'm sure Paul will get to ride one someday if he wants to. I'm also sure it's one of the most power engines ever put into a standup.

Water Worx

Sport Racer
Let it go Sub,as usual making yourself look like a azz.

I spoke with Jeff at the WF & was impressed by his workmanship & his willingness to answer anyones questions on the REV.

Good Luck Jeff keep up the good work & it will pay off.:headbang:

theskiclinic

aka The " SAVAGE "
Hello all, I am a first time poster .
I have been involved in jet-skiing all my life -- freestyle since 2001, and competing for past two years -- competed in the finals this year and finished seventh. I also own and operate a PWC repair shop in the Bay Area Ca.We saw the rev 12 at the WF -- every bit of this machine was simply awesome, jeff was there and answered all and any questions we had -- we were impressed with both jeff and his machine.
Shortly after the finals, and several lengthy phone calls with jeff, we set off to drive 9 hours to see jeff's operation and to test the machine. We arrived at jeff's shop Sat. morning and spent all morning with the walk through of the operations, product - and we were very impressed
We then set off to the river for the "test ride" . The first ride I was pretty nervous as to the power this thing had, with too much throttle this thing will pull out of your hands -- so I just rode around , chopping the throttle to feel the power and to get a sense of how this thing hits. So on my second ride, (still nervous) I started to do some set up wakes, and after about a dozen times I finally worked up to what I was intending on an attempt of a barrel roll, so I dipped in to the set up wake and with only 1/4 -1/2 throttle at most and the next thing I knew I was standing up again just as straight as I was entering the roll. This ski literally rolled itself, I just told it what direction to go. Very impressive power, handling and looks of this ski.
My hat is off to the boys at Waterdawg for producing such an animal.
I am sold on jeff's ideas / product - and am also converting my superjet to a freestyle monster.
We have some footage of the trip / test drive --
and will post some soon.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Sorry, I'll continue to annoy every clueless curry cult member as I please. If you think so, Just be respectfull and you are more than welcome to post here..........
Funny waterhawk, I was bashing curry years before the xjet was even an idea curry could steal.

Oh and GDFL, how long does that early startup stage last? Curry has had delusions of being "one of the big four" from as early as 2003. I'd say that ended when he ripped off Kirk Gebb for materials, but that's just me.

Ed was treating him as any retail customer, don't misunderstand the relationship. I have since heard that what you said may have some thruth there, but not gonna add to or start rumours

Funny how there is no answer as to why a supposedly paid for ski was offered up to a supposed pro/amateur freestyler to ride but denied for a respected engine builder. Instead of making innuindos (SP!) why dont you just say who it was instead of posting BS like this, I thought you always voiced your opinion, this sounds more like pure BS too me. As usual, the cult denies that which they cannot explain and offers lame excuses and diversions for the rest.
See above in blue.

Submarine

Dollar Ballerina
uh, no. Not even if it were given to me. Well wait, actually I'd love to have a Rev/xjet bonfire just for fun! Don't believe me? Try me.

There is more than truth Big K, and I have noticed that even though I have "10 points", there are a lot more 'disrespectful' threads than anything I have started. But go ahead and keep showing one face to the forum and another in private messages as you and Darin love to do. I have ZERO respect for the both of you. I'll decide who and what I need to reveal and part of the reason I know so much is because I don't go spouting off everything people tell me as you well know. I've never been sued because Jeff knows I can prove everything I have ever posted. My pocketbook is deeper than his so I'd love to see him try. (it's "inuendo" by the way)

The whole story is not posted on here. Reasons for the denied ride went from "it's for a paid customer" to "it's not ready yet". Well which is it? Ready or not? Paid or not? Apparently it was ready enough for the freestyler.

Jeff has no industry support and never will, unless you count being a hot products dealer (and boy is that hard to get).

Wow another 1st time poster review. Funny how those always crop up. I look forward to the videos too.

BTW Yamasaki, did you forget about Chris Reilly's hood falling apart?

demolition_x

Not After Fame & Fortune
well jeff finally made right with me with my holds. and all i can say is that i am pleased.

Although jeff is trying to do something that no one else really does, i give him credit. think about trying to do all this work designing and programming all with one other person.

jeff gets a bad wrap. will this ever get blow over. is it ever possible for jeff to not "screw" over customers? i mean really companies change.

when firestone recalled thousands of tires did people only talk about that? did they buy tires from them again? the answer is they moved on. and people still buy tires from them.

lots of stuff happens in business.

now my question to sub now is.
Have you ever bought any thing from jeff? tried to buy any thing from him?
what makes you feel better about telling people about jeffs past that is worth it?

innovation starts some where and if some one builds it im sure some one will buy it.

Jeff makes a specialty product only a few can reach and im sure they are happy.

:biggthumpup:

Have you ever seriously tried to start a business? I have. I don't care how much planning you do or how much money you have or don't have it ALWAYS takes longer than you expect. Even if you took your wildest guess and doubled it, you'd probably still be off. One company I'm working for now has essentially been around since 1998 and is still waiting to turn the corner. Granted there have been some significant setbacks and problems, but the company is still in the growth stage and will be for probably one more year.

I'm not going to defend his past business practices because for the most part they are simply indefensible and inexcusable, but I can understand how it happend. Unless you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, STFU. You can't armchair quarterback a business and have any credibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom