What MTB to get and how much to spend?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
not up on the "Jump" bikes, basically same as Dual Slalom bikes....
We dont have indoor parks here, Just mother nature....... We did just get a pump track built, not had a chance to ride it yet.

OMG I wore myself out last night on the pump track! FUN! I am mostly digging the cross country track though....great workout and the jump bikes just eat it up!!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
DJ bikes have brakes but yeah they are normally hardtails with short travel forks and 26" wheels.

bikes_bank_main_1.jpg

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
That's more than I usually see them with... 120mm forks or less? I've seen a few fixed gearing DJ's. Probably a fun bike to throw around. You can probably get them pretty damn light

Last edited:
The ones that Rays rents are Trek 26" 1 speed hard tails with front and rear disk brakes.....that one Jett posted looks sick.

I begged them to just sell me one of theirs but they said no way.....not til end of season if at all....they are just so perfect for that place!!

OMG I am so addicted to this place....I had pump track dreams last night! I think I am gonna have to choose by budget which leaves a 2006 GT Ruckus or a 2013 Scott something....both pretty close to the jump bikes that Rays rents out...

Still scouring the internet though!

Waaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range....and it looks like rear suspension......I think I am just going to get a season pass @ 350 and a season rental @ 200. Then maybe next October buy something. One thing is for sure....I'm addicted to Rays! Going back today when my Mom comes over to visit the rugrats! I can't get enough of the place!

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
$200 will get you a good used hardtail frame. You can find a few year old front fork that's not blown out for $150-200. Piece on together.

SuperJETT

Waaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range....and it looks like rear suspension......I think I am just going to get a season pass @ 350 and a season rental @ 200. Then maybe next October buy something. One thing is for sure....I'm addicted to Rays! Going back today when my Mom comes over to visit the rugrats! I can't get enough of the place!

$200 for a season rental is awesome. If you're not riding much outside of Ray's, then there is no reason to buy one and have to worry about repairs/transport/etc.

I saw the sickest DH bike I have ever seen at Rays....it was a Trek and dang near the size of a RM125! It was used and for sale @ 2500 I think....the thing was nuts!

Yea it was like that! Oddly I have never really been in to outdoor biking.....I was thinking a lot about it...until I found Rays! Now all I can think about is jump bikes! I literally had pump track dreams after my last visit.

SuperJETT

I rode a guy's Santa Cruz V10 a few years ago in a parking lot. It weighed ~50lbs, had huge tires, and felt like a sponge when pedaling around the lot. He weighed around 350+ and only did downhill runs at Fort Duffield here with a cowbell on the bike so people knew he was coming. He had to ride a bike like that because it was the only thing that could handle his weight.

But you know what? The guy was out riding and not sitting on a couch!

Top Bottom