Why don't I ever see dyno's?

Seems to be a lot of focus on waiting and build/tuning time in this thread...
U order a car from factory to your specs... U wait!

Pretty much anything "custom/quality " u wait for. We live in a, I want it yesterday culture... Best things come to those....

I waited 8 months for a Rickter from Thailand. So, if a motor/pipe that I want takes a few weeks nbd. But, that's just me. I did have trouble tuning my carbs because I'm not Tim. So if u want it perfect, personally I'd drive it wherever I had to. I'd rather wait and pay more for customer service, than be beached with a huge investment. In this sport u kind of build ur own team. Who u like, trust and respect. When u find that combo stick with it! The rest is just noise!

I'm curious what my hp is, but could careless because I can barely hang on as it is. Just my .02.

Pretty much anything "custom/quality " u wait for. We live in a, I want it yesterday culture... Best things come to those....

I waited 8 months for a Rickter from Thailand. So, if a motor/pipe that I want takes a few weeks nbd. But, that's just me. I did have trouble tuning my carbs because I'm not Tim. So if u want it perfect, personally I'd drive it wherever I had to. I'd rather wait and pay more for customer service, than be beached with a huge investment. In this sport u kind of build ur own team. Who u like, trust and respect. When u find that combo stick with it! The rest is just noise!

I'm curious what my hp is, but could careless because I can barely hang on as it is. Just my .02.
Zimmy, wb785 and th3 my three new fav's on the X lol

Not everything has to be a long wait,people have just gotten use to that in this sport and learned to deal with it, I dont consider ordering a motor,pipe or any other ski product and having to wait weeks or months,then missing deadlines even after that anywhere close to good customer service. If any company is so one horse in its operations that has to happen,there is much room for improvement. Having your own cnc and dyno in house to control your companies product production and growth just makes more sense,Financial soundness to keep a bunch of motors on the shelf ready to go and taking time to dyno and share supporting power increasing bolt ons is rare these days.Jet maniac and thrust and a few others are really fast and sharp with customer service and competitive pricing as well and helping to change the waiting/pricing game mentality of this sport.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to compare buying an engine to buying a part. While I agree that customer service is important and that some do it very well, I don't necessarily equate wait time with poor service for a build to order engine.

We aren't pulling a part off the shelf, perhaps CNC'ing all of the porting takes a lot of the time out of the process but that will never shape my decision.

If it's going to be a couple months then tell me, and communicate with me. That's all I really ask from a customer service perspective. I don't think the financial ability to stock more engines or make them faster equates to better service, just faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
Then my customer service is on the worst end of the scale.
Right now a Tnt supermini is 12 weeks
Yamaha turbo motor is 16 weeks
Pro mod motor is 8-10 months
V3 pipe is 6-8 weeks.
And v3 pipe is now 2-4 days.
Why are my lead times so far out??
Because the amount of customers who want is higher then my production capability.
The people who work for me only tear down and clean parts, and there is only one of me to build them.
I'm slow at shipping and I may take a day or two to call you back.

I suppose not everyone needs a motor quickly,prolly depends on rather you just blew a motor in june and wana get back on the water or your doing a winter build with months to wait. Service comes into play when youve been told a month and it turns into much longer.no one has ever had that issue right? Some company's are just run better than others no doubt. Too some degree they realize they have a captive audience,but with more competition coming to market,phone calls will be getting returned alot quicker and turn over times evaluated more stringently

Big Kahuna

Administrator
If everybody was ordering aftermarket motors and cylinders then I would say each builder could afford to stock cylinders and pistons ready to go and also a few shortblocks................ But that is not the case. Simple Economics.......... To stock these types of parts and motors you have to have a huge cash flow and a very good profit. Otherwise you are having to take from your profits which takes away the ability to spend time and money on R&D. This is simple economics.

Candlewood lake CT? I ride there once or twice a year at my cousins house.

Top Bottom