Why don't I ever see dyno's?

The TPE clan be like "damn that's actually pretty impressive" but can't post publicly in fear it will displease

There was a heavy glass hull doing similar things a few weekends ago with a tpe in it....... Any my money says that the glass hull is easily 50 pound heavier, had a smaller pump, and wasn't running race gas... unlike the ski in the video.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
100% agree, but that does not make that video any less impressive. 99% of us would love to have that rider ability and equipment. Anyone know who the rider is?

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
90 percent of us couldn't tell the difference between the two. Both will just seem powerful as hell if tuned right. This is a lot of arguing over what only matters to pro level riders. I have a TPE 1105 (for sale) and it's scary powerful. I'm sure most any other motor that size could be scary as hell too. It's reputation and taking care of customers that really matters to me. TPE hasn't disappointed.

Last edited:
90 percent of us couldn't tell the difference between the two. Both will just seem powerful as hell if tuned right. This is a lot of arguing over what only matters to pro level riders. I have a TPE 1105 (for sale) and it's scary powerful. I'm sure most any other motor that size could be scary as hell too.

Bunch of hair splitters around here.

The TPE clan be like "damn that's actually pretty impressive" but can't post publicly in fear it will displease

Was that clip nice, sure, but its just that, a nice clip, not the reputation of the ET 1107. At the risk of a tongue lashing, I have seen the TPE 964 (and other smaller CC motors for that fact) go bigger.. just saying.... I am sure the rider would get on here and argue that they have some skill to go with it, it wasn't the ET 1107 that did that by itself.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
More of an expression........... I ride an 83mm ported motor. Stock hull superjet. Flatwater Freestyle setup (Old School). You hop on a short, light hull with 1100cc motor you are not going to just grab the throttle and ride it the same. If your not use to that kind of power, then yes, it can be intimidating. But anybody can get use to any size motor after some time on it.

You said earlier in thread you would only post your motor builds with your pipe dyno numbers ,change your mind? Ive seen some vids of the hillbilly,its impressive for sure. It would be very unlikely that one shop would do all the work on such a machine.props to you,if you did most of it. Maybe Et will get around to dynoing pipes on his setups,all his other dyno postings have been pretty informative and served purpose well here.
There are more 1105 setups out there now than the 1107,for now... Many of the 1105 setups have been brought to their tuner and paid to be setup and tuned perfect.You would expect any well tuned 1100 to be a beast.The question is How much are you willing to pay for it,how long are you willing to wait for it,and how far are you willing to drive to get it tuned if you dont think you can do it proper yourself.

^"displeased"....thats pretty funny

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
By scary I mean you better be locked in those footholds because you will be hurt if you come out. After getting smashed by your own ski hitting you aftet it has flipped itself or having it rip out of your hands because your tired, you get a little intimidated for the next few attempts.

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
You said earlier in thread you would only post your motor builds with your pipe dyno numbers ,change your mind? Ive seen some vids of the hillbilly,its impressive for sure. It would be very unlikely that one shop would do all the work on such a machine.props to you,if you did most of it. Maybe Et will get around to dynoing pipes on his setups,all his other dyno postings have been pretty informative and served purpose well here.
There are more 1105 setups out there now than the 1107,for now... Many of the 1105 setups have been brought to their tuner and paid to be setup and tuned perfect.You would expect any well tuned 1100 to be a beast.The question is How much are you willing to pay for it,how long are you willing to wait for it,and how far are you willing to drive to get it tuned if you dont think you can do it proper yourself.

^"displeased"....thats pretty funny
I don't agree. If you want to set records you need a solid team.
But if what you said in last few posts is no mention of a team.
Look at what pjs accomplished in 80's, riva in 90's, xscream in current day.
They win because they build all the puzzle and they work for it as a team.
Look at KTM and the man.
Roger D has won with every team he set up.
As with hillbilly I worked with fireball to setup a chassis that could support 750 horse power.
Then built a 900hp power plant and detuned it to chassis potential.
When you have 300hp available to add with simple timing curve and boost increase tuning becomes a snap no matter where you go. Hill softer longer or steeper don't need to change gear, tires, jetting. And sneak into ideal setup. Just turn power up or down till it pulls the tires and gear.
To clarify your dimensia, I said I wouldn't dyno my pipe on some else's motor, and post results.
Never did I say I would be ok with someone else doing it
I have said it many times and will say it again. I'm not in business post other people's accomplishments, if I don't build the motor I have no right to post its numbers unless that's what someone paid me to do.
I am also not as you would say a chroni to anyone.
I am stubborn old goat. I have my own ideas and my own ways of doing things and I don't climb on anyone's band wagon.
I still have two solid legs of my own to stand on and the accomplishments I have made in motor sports speak for them selfs.
Just like the people bashing on other builders.
I don't think any one motor is better then all the others in every area, I'm sure they all have there strengths. Saying ET SUCKS is not a fair judgment and it shouldn't be said by anyone who hasn't spent there own money to purchase direct not second hand and a well accomplished tuner that can take anything make it run on there own knowledge.
If you are capable of that then you have a right to speak who's great who's not.
But anyone with that kind of brain power wouldn't have a reason to post on a forum who sucks and who great, because they know they all can be great. Just have to have the right team to make them great

We will post a dyno chart of our complete package.

maybe i read that wrong then, I was thinking complete package meant tpe motor you built and tnt pipe.

A team is crucial if you are competing, but just like you said all these team people and extra work raise the price of everything associated with that team product, When you have a product that is the most affordable in the market and very capable in the right hands,aimed at your average rider. things are done by fewer people.This is a larger market than the top few percent guys looking to buy a pro motor for top dollar.

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
But if you want a. Omelette package that has all the pieces to the puzzle how do you get that from someone who doesn't build complete package.
I have not build a TPE motor and sold it.
I have two TPE based motors I have heavily modified for my own experiment to see what I can get
But I also have 7 dasa motors i am working on.
So I don't fit in anyone company camp.
I do my own thing with other people's parts.

Top Bottom