Why don't I ever see dyno's?

Ducky

Back in the game!
Yay...the price battle came into play. The old saying "you get what you pay for" almost always holds true in this sport. Ive had experience with so many different parts, cheap and expensive and I almost always come to the conclusion that I should have spent a little more the first time and done it right.

One engine may be $1000 cheaper up front, but youll probably get $1000 of headaches, $1000 of less tuning advice and support, and spend $1000 of your time trying to make it run good.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
So i could buy a ET shortblock with ADR crank and a TNT pipe for the same price as a TPE shortblock? That's a good deal but will they work together, or just argue everytime I close the hood? I dunno, should probably ask my builder? Oh boy!
Its a hard one for sure and a damn good question.
I guess it would depend what you want from your engine, I believe that the power potential in a tpe is a lot more but then again getting the pipe for free sort off is a huge sweetener. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision myself as I run triples

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Its a hard one for sure and a damn good question.
I guess it would depend what you want from your engine, I believe that the power potential in a tpe is a lot more but then again getting the pipe for free sort off is a huge sweetener. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision myself as I run triples

Be interesting to be able to see how much more power your "slightly" modified 1100 is making over a stocker.

Yay...the price battle came into play. The old saying "you get what you pay for" almost always holds true in this sport. Ive had experience with so many different parts, cheap and expensive and I almost always come to the conclusion that I should have spent a little more the first time and done it right.

One engine may be $1000 cheaper up front, but youll probably get $1000 of headaches, $1000 of less tuning advice and support, and spend $1000 of your time trying to make it run good.
What headaches should I expect, and why doesn't ET have any support? I thought there were plenty of happy ET customers? Being from Canada the import duty fees on a TPE would be another $1000 (even more if they shipped it UPS, but that's another headache!)

Ducky

Back in the game!
What headaches should I expect, and why doesn't ET have any support? I thought there were plenty of happy ET customers? Being from Canada the import duty fees on a TPE would be another $1000 (even more if they shipped it UPS, but that's another headache!)

My statement was more of an over-arching statement for jetskis in general.

Some valid points made,except for why be concerned with cost...lol people shop amazon and ebay all the time to save 50 bucks,pretty sure most sensible people will want to save 1000 bucks on a motor. Et apparently has the bank to shelf them,this changes the availability and lead time game major. Save time and money. Tpe makes a good motor no doubt,I still ride mine,but when i need another its good to know Et has em cheap on the shelf,and will supply other builders and help the sport along in other places and save us even more money for other parts. Ive not heard any service complaints of Et?

Yea kayne is a dbag..that was the whloe point of the analogy lol

Last edited:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Why would we go xscream? Clearly xscream has no idea what they're doing since they use billet cylinders. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Do you think x scream are the best and can not be improved on. Even chuckie would have things he would change if he could. I'm not saying x scream are no good at all. But every one who has half a clue knows the 62t is not a good platform to start with. Xscream new big engines are based in the gp800 cases and dasa redesigned the 62t with bigger bore spacing to get more transfer port area. Tpe used an asymetrical transfer port. If your building a new cylinder now and not doing something different your not actually bringing anything new to the market

Last edited:
ever seen the port layout of a Xscream competition 900,whats familiar in that arrangement? ID say Et brought something very new to the market,the most important thing...the most affordable price point. If all ski motors were priced the same,99% of guys would own the xs1200.
We will prolly never know if the tpe motor or tnt pipe makes substantial more power,as they wont release dyno numbers on it,just opinions. But we do know one motor costs alot more not a little more. If the et can make more power than most can use here,why pay more. IF we were racing and 1mph or a couple hp mattered...then maybe. With no facts to say otherwise what will most sensible guys on a budget decide?

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
I would only consider building engines that have nikelseal cylinder.
Can't argue with thermal dynamics.
Alum dis heat 10 times faster then steel. This means plates Cyl will keep its max power 10 times longer before it heat soaks to the level a steel Cyl will.
There a reason every high horsepower oem Cyl doesn't use sleeves.
There only one place for steel sleeves in my book. When you reach Cyl pressures that exceed alum ability to stay round.
And that's never gonna happen in a two stroke.
I have 4 stroke motors with 14to1 comp boosting 40+psi.
That's the kind of Cyl pressure that requires steel sleeve.
But those are also 1hr motors before rebuild.
In two stroke we can use semi closed deck block and never see any issues

Christian_83

Xscream
Xscream deffentily seems to dominate the 900 and 1200 freestyle scene. And their 900RR and 1200RR engines are no doubt among the best out there. But there is another key factor in this puzzle. XS makes ALL their own parts except the ignition. Hull, engines, carbs, exhaust, pumps, steering. Their are able to put together their complete own package and test and tune this to death. And boat isn't better than its builder and i really think that this is one of the main things that separate Xscream for the rest. R&D and Testing and tuning in house.
With that in mind it may very well be possible for another engine builder to have a better engine than XS, but not being able to put all the time in testing and tuning like XS are doing in house.

tntsuperjet

ever seen the port layout of a Xscream competition 900,whats familiar in that arrangement? ID say Et brought something very new to the market,the most important thing...the most affordable price point. If all ski motors were priced the same,99% of guys would own the xs1200.
We will prolly never know if the tpe motor or tnt pipe makes substantial more power,as they wont release dyno numbers on it,just opinions. But we do know one motor costs alot more not a little more. If the et can make more power than most can use here,why pay more. IF we were racing and 1mph or a couple hp mattered...then maybe. With no facts to say otherwise what will most sensible guys on a budget decide?
Masterbeataroundaquesrion.
Et has a dyno, and there are many Tnt pipes out there if you want a dyno run with it he can do that for you. Because the engine you posted numbers on willing to bet would look a little better if the port timing is truly what was said

I'm not scared of dyno numbers with my products.
But I'm not the one gonna post up my findings.
10 people will bash on the of course yours better wagon because you make that one and you tuned it better.
And in truth it's a biased test in the public eye.
So I'm not gonna open that door
Some day someone else will dyno it and it won't be a bias review and you will have your numbers.
But just like you where all ready to jump on my statement about hillbilly but you had no idea I actually built it and rode it.
So when I stake claims to records those are 100 mine, no other shop had there hands in my engine.

But if you remember I have a money back guarantee, ET could have purchased pipe dyno it and if it didn't perform send it back for refund.
But didn't. ???
I'm not hiding. From performance or lack of by not posting dyno numbers.
I am staying out of the kissing contest of the keyboard Cowboys.
Best way to prove your product is to never read your own press release.
Those who spend there hard earned money on my products and Feel they received what they paid for is the testiment of success in its performance abilities.

But to be honest I'm really shocked msterblster did buy a pipe and send it to have it dyno tested just so he could have chance to throw some real crow.
But I suppose that would be real data and test. Not keyboard data

tntsuperjet

Erik, who said an et 1107 was slow.
I heard people say there was better but not slow.
But there no data that shows who's is better as there hasn't been a none bias test performed on all the engines.

tntsuperjet

Xscream deffentily seems to dominate the 900 and 1200 freestyle scene. And their 900RR and 1200RR engines are no doubt among the best out there. But there is another key factor in this puzzle. XS makes ALL their own parts except the ignition. Hull, engines, carbs, exhaust, pumps, steering. Their are able to put together their complete own package and test and tune this to death. And boat isn't better than its builder and i really think that this is one of the main things that separate Xscream for the rest. R&D and Testing and tuning in house.
With that in mind it may very well be possible for another engine builder to have a better engine than XS, but not being able to put all the time in testing and tuning like XS are doing in house.
Very well said.
And def on point

Top Bottom