Yamaha Octane build

:woot: U are such a PIMP Ramjet, :bow28: a seamingly flawless build in very little time and came out just as planned. I hope mine comes out the same but it is nothing near this caliber of work.

thanks there's plenty of flaws but the overall build turned out well. We couldn't believe it how it ran right out of the build. I didn't even turn a carb screw.

less than 2 months on this build from bare hull pieces to completed ski. I recommend doing something like this for any hardcore skier. You learn so much and you get to do it your way.

I've got plans for another one, pic of next build

Attachments

• febebaystuff%20001.jpg
    febebaystuff%20001.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 694
  • octaneexterior 010.jpg
    octaneexterior 010.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 175
  • octaneturf 003.jpg
    octaneturf 003.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Heres a short crappy video. Luke and I have only ridden this for a few minutes, not to mention we havent ridden all year. We are trying to get some sort of new barrel roll technique, its hard to setup for the setup wake because you blast through it sooner than you are used to. So we are trying to do them a different way now. I'm pretty sure the ski will be able to do them from a stand still, once we get the technique down. Unfortunatly I cant ride this weekend so maybe next week I can get some better video, with some better riding

YouTube - yamaha octane trial run

Last edited:

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
That thing is incredible! Looks like your "new technique" for BR's is almost like a BF setup - impressive!!! You are rolling from almost a dead stop already!!! From what I've seen, that is the best running 66E platform yet... correct me if I'm wrong.

The ski is an awesome piece of work, and built so well. With practice it could do some crazy $hit. Its the best ski I have been on this far. My forearms hurt really bad today from the way it pulls so hard. Backflips off boat wakes will be soooooo fun!!! I better get my own though, lol. ( might end up 34 feet down) ha ha. :skull2:

:Banane35:ripping thats what i like to see. nice work,how many more are you going to build, your keeping this forum busy

That thing is incredible! Looks like your "new technique" for BR's is almost like a BF setup - impressive!!! You are rolling from almost a dead stop already!!! From what I've seen, that is the best running 66E platform yet... correct me if I'm wrong.

it really runs well, better than I've ever had it running to date. I have very limited time on it and we havent even really opened up the throttle yet(as you can hear). it is very intimidating right now but its comfortable. I can picture some crazy stuff once i adapt to it and really hook up the power. I've always loved this motor but really couldn't use 100% of it's power in a lightweight hull. The Lightweight hulls feel great but unless you only ride in flatwater competitions you will spend the day fighting it in regular freeride conditions.

the motor is real simple, stock 66e crank, reeds and cases, msd tl, 49 full specs, riva big bore heads

The pistons are 88mm polaris sled pistons, 66e cylinders sleeved by Waterdawg, custom domes by waterdawg ( you wont get the riva heads to seal big bores without custom domes) and Pipe, intake spacers and intake manifolds by Waterdawg. Jeff setup and used to run this topend on his ski

Currently Im running a 12 vein mag non-setback with a 15/20. Its spinning the prop off the bottom I plan on trying a 16/23 and 18/25 this week, thanks to a buddy that has them sitting on his work bench.

I'm running pump gas 91 octane. I have domes that crank it up to 240lb of compression but will hold off for a while because it drinks fuel. The cart tank will empty in about 15 min of riding. One of my next mods will be to have the pipe modified to fit around a oem sj gas tank. Currently none of the other tanks fit my setup except for the cart tank.

I also have a modified silencer thats going to be tested this week also. My goal is to get this thing 100% reliable I'm taking it to the galveston ride and the daytona ride and don't want to get stuck sitting on the beach instead of riding again.

:Banane35:ripping thats what i like to see. nice work,how many more are you going to build, your keeping this forum busy
I'm not too fired up about building anymore for a while, however if chad or luke wants one, we'll do it again. I'm pretty sure chad and I could build another one in half the time. I really need to run the snot out of it for a while and see where the weak points are. I already have a list of things I'd do differently next time.

thanks for all the great compliments, thanks to chad for all the work he did and thanks to other forum members who posted their builds, i read every one of them. Also thanks to Jeff @waterdawg and Steve @wf for all the free advice. Tom

Last edited:

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
I am so pumped for you and hope to ride it soon. You attention to detail, and the craftmanship you put into it shows and you should be very proud of this accomplishment. With that said, "want a job?" And one more question, "are you ready for the 1200?"

Jeff

Top Bottom