Super Jet break in oil type???

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
i read the first line and jumped to a conclusion.

And THIS is why we cannot be friends, I can't read!

We should pick a new target for a day or so. There is only so long you can talk about what everyone already knows but is scared to talk about!

Are you watching the game? The Denver Oilers just shot a 2 pointer from the 50yard line and broke the backboard with the slam field goal/dunk.

Last edited:

Scorn800

Ride for life
Hey Gil- I think you need to go visit suziq in the mental hosipital. Just check in and stay awhile. Your posts are too weird. I hear they give you free sun drop and has spa like accommodations.

GIL

Hey Gil- I think you need to go visit suziq in the mental hosipital. Just check in and stay awhile. Your posts are too weird. I hear they give you free sun drop and has spa like accommodations.

Suzi is in the nuthouse? I could have sworn she was the nuthouse! Besides, I think her and WFO are having a affair right now!!!

Scorn800

Ride for life
Gil you should steal suziq away from wfo. You 2 are a perfect match. You both post random useless utube videos.
Do you buy sundrop at walmart when buying your quicksilver oil?

GIL

Gil you should steal suziq away from wfo. You 2 are a perfect match. You both post random useless utube videos.
Do you buy sundrop at walmart when buying your quicksilver oil?

As far as Suzi goes, I would lose any and all drive I might have ever had the 1st time she opened her mouth. WFO can keep her.

As for SunDrop and Quitsilver, I have a Jetworks engine that I actually want to last and therefore I run only Klotz Benol in it! My engine builder does not promote excessive wear to gain more income by rebuilding engines more often!!!

GIL

Lets get this thread back on topic for a moment, shall we?

What oil would Dave Ramsey use?

If you raced back in the 02 era, what oil would you have used?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
lmao, so like quicksilver stuff? are all oils the same i can;t remember where i sat on the subject.

I know where I started but who knows now, I may have to switch oils and engine builders just to keep up with all the cool kids. Problem is, I just don't know if there's any room left on Arts sack. :biggrin:

easyrhino

needs more cowbell.
letting an engine builder select your oil is like letting a tire store setup your frontend alignment. one sells tires the other sells pistons.

D-Roc

I forgot!
an engine builder will try and control as many variables as possible when building various engines for various people in various cities across various states. the last thing a customer is going to want to hear is that he has to buy an expensive brand X synth oil that is only available to him by online shopping or in various dirtbike shops in the next city over. He is a very smart guy to reccomend a decent oil that is cheap and available to everyone locally. he will have jetted the carbs to have a 32:1 oil run thru them so you should run it. to run quicksilver oil because you heard TS recommends it and conclude that that makes it the best oil is silly. would you need a jetting change if you where to switch to a 50:1 synth oil, probably not. I will run any synth oil that is available locally, for me it is interceptor because i like to ride hard and run clean, haha.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

an engine builder will try and control as many variables as possible when building various engines for various people in various cities across various states. the last thing a customer is going to want to hear is that he has to buy an expensive brand X synth oil that is only available to him by online shopping or in various dirtbike shops in the next city over. He is a very smart guy to reccomend a decent oil that is cheap and available to everyone locally. he will have jetted the carbs to have a 32:1 oil run thru them so you should run it. to run quicksilver oil because you heard TS recommends it and that fact makes it the best oil is silly. would you need a jetting change if you where to switch to a 50:1 synth oil, probably not. I will run any synth oil that is available locally for me it is interceptor because i like to ride hard and run clean, haha.

Once again, you are putting words in mouths. I don't remember anyone saying quicksilver was the best oil. Those of us who do use it, use it because that is what our builder told us to use and I can pull at least 3 quotes from yesterday alone where it was asked, "what does your builder say?". apparently builder specs apply to everything except oil?

There are actually quite a few of us TS owners who never used quicksilver before and all switched to follow our builders advice, myself included. That's one of the reasons i perk up and start doing research when these threads come up. Not because I love quicksilver but because I love my engine and want it to last. Trust me, this thread has a few people questioning their oil now, however, X-Scream backs up something I have been told about oils for many years now from people in the oil making industry. Oils are not as different from each other as people think. Sure there are different solvents and additives used but as the article above states, they all start with the same base oil, which was what i was trying to say in a previous comment. Each oil may do something different but bottom line protection is very similar.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I don't know how it works for any other engine builder, but Jetworks doesn't pick the oil for the customer. They will recommend a couple of oils that they have good experience with, to get the most performance and longevity out of the motor that they just built you.
What you ultimately choose is up to you and doesn't affect your motor "warranty" one bit.
I imagine the situation is similar for other shops.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Well there's the joke isn't it. We don't get warranty so oil is more of an insurance policy than anything and this topic is more about who has better insurance.

Back to Builder ABC for a second. They seem to be hung up on promoting all their products at an affordable level to appeal to a broader range of customers. For example, I asked several times if it was worth it to bump up to a mag pump and i was told repeatedly that the results were more than adequate with stock pump and stuffer. Once I purchased a mag and said so, i was told, "great choice, you will not regret it". I get what they are trying to do and it makes sense from a business point of view but it has some holes. I think that all packages should come with a good, better, best kind of recomendation package rather than a one size fits all. I have had the same conversation with them regarding oil and always get the same answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom