C.A.T.S. - Cheap Arse Trim System - post yours!

can you show a pix on how and what you used to support the end of the cable housing.. THANKS

While looking at the pump from the rear I drilled the top left hole so that the cable fits through the pump. The cable end holds the pump together at the reduction nozzle and the wear ring side gets a nut and bolt on that side. Then the other three 10 inch bolts hold the pump assembly together.

About the steering with the protec setup you need have the ends of the thingys (insert proper name here) only screwed on the cable about 4 or 5 threads because of the length of the nozzle anyhow. But I am going to get a threaded furrel and cut it at 45 degrees and then reweld it so that the steering cable has a 45 degree bend on the last 2 inches so that when the nozzle is turned all the way it will keep the cable off of the pump. This is how I broke my last steeering cable with it trimmed all the way up and turned to the right the cable attachment point is kinda tucked behind the nipple that your water line hooks to so it bends the steering cable. You can move the ball for the cable to under the nozzle so that there is more clearance but with that much throw the cable needs to be attached in the center. If not when you trim the nozzle up the steering is turned about 10 degrees to the right.

Wow pictures are worth 1000 words. I will try to get some better pictures this weekend and post them. I will have the steering cable ran and installed by next week. I will get some new pictures then also.

Last edited:
J

justride

speedfreak, Thanks for the info,
Where did you get the trim cable and do you have a part number for it.

Knowing speedfreak he probable used a cable off his riding lawn mower. LOL:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Mark44

Sorry Mark my mower is all hydraulic and fuel injected other than the blower blowby tube that is the only think that is cable operated... you know when it hits 12 PSI of boost it has to let go with somethign.... :bs2:

NO really have Mark post the part number it is from terry cable out in Calli I think Mark has the part number or you can call and just ask for a cable that goes to the trim on a jet ski they know what you want. I think they only have one.

But Mark has the exact part number in his desk brawer by his box of Cheerios.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Sorry Mark my mower is all hydraulic and fuel injected other than the blower blowby tube that is the only think that is cable operated... you know when it hits 12 PSI of boost it has to let go with somethign.... :bs2:

NO really have Mark post the part number it is from terry cable out in Calli I think Mark has the part number or you can call and just ask for a cable that goes to the trim on a jet ski they know what you want. I think they only have one.

But Mark has the exact part number in his desk brawer by his box of Cheerios.

Hay stay out of my desk and quit eating my Cheerios:biggrin:

The part number is SP435 trim nozzle 11' Terry cable 760-244-9351 $40.00

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Hay stay out of my desk and quit eating my Cheerios:biggrin:

The part number is SP435 trim nozzle 11' Terry cable 760-244-9351 $40.00

that part number is for a throttle cable end which I guess is differnt than a bicycle brake lever. It was a good starting point to discribe what I wanted though.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
If you're looking to get some extra throw from a trim system, these little bushings look like a great idea for a C.A.T.S.

They offset the steering nozzle upward and move the trim ring downward for more throw.

I've found that they work the best on the bottom of the steering nozzle to keep it from contacting the top of the reduction nozzle at full throw.

You can find them at Watcon, P.P. Fennec and Jetwave.

Attachments

• PP-944.jpg
    PP-944.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 305
  • Pivot-cam-parts_lg.jpg
    Pivot-cam-parts_lg.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 291
  • Pivot_cam.jpg
    Pivot_cam.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 370
  • PP-9445.jpg
    PP-9445.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 397
  • PP-9440.jpg
    PP-9440.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 576

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
If you're looking to get some extra throw from a trim system, these little bushings look like a great idea for a C.A.T.S.

They offset the steering nozzle upward and move the trim ring downward for more throw.

I've found that they work the best on the bottom of the steering nozzle to keep it from contacting the top of the reduction nozzle at full throw.

You can find them at Watcon, P.P. Fennec and Jetwave.

It's not the steering nozzle that hits, it's the trim ring itself on a Raider setup. That's why some have new bosses welded on to move the ring back further.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
It's not the steering nozzle that hits, it's the trim ring itself on a Raider setup. That's why some have new bosses welded on to move the ring back further.
I'm getting about 30° of throw on trim system using all raider parts with the offset bushings on the top and bottom.

I had to grind the top inside of the trim ring and the top steering nozzle when these offset bushing were used.

I'll post some pictures of my setup soon but for now here are some Jap cats.

Attachments

• 20070719213404.jpg
    20070719213404.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 603
  • 20070708232106.jpg
    20070708232106.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 674
  • 0021.jpg
    0021.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 796
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 807
  • DVC00111.jpg
    DVC00111.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 618

#ZERO

Beach Bum
More Jap cats.

Attachments

• 1174134142670.jpg
    1174134142670.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 727
  • DVC00038.jpg
    DVC00038.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 625
  • DVC00103.jpg
    DVC00103.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 612
  • DVC00077.jpg
    DVC00077.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 765
  • karate.jpg
    karate.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 449
Those jap cats are pretty cool. I like the adjustable stop they have for the trim ring, also how the top of the reduction nozzle is trimmed back a bit. I wonder what they are using for the trim ring? Looks like they made it them self.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 440

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Yep.... they're using stainless nyloc nuts on the cable and height rod for quick adjustments.

I think they would have been better off to trim the upper half end of the reduction nozzle on an angle rather then cutting it like that.

I'm pretty sure the stainless trim ring is some they fabricated.

I know Bun Freestyle sells an offset trim ring similar to that made out of aluminum, but you would have to modify it for the height adjustment rod.

Attachments

• Bun Ring.jpg
    Bun Ring.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 410
Top Bottom