C.A.T.S. - Cheap Arse Trim System - post yours!

Excellent, thanks!! Just for the sake of asking how much would you need for your nozzle. I work in a shop where we do alot of aluminum welding so I can probably get mine refabbed for the bosses but.... just would like to know

Last edited:

blaster4life

couchez r 4 living rooms
wamiltions was selling a trim ring and exit noosle froma 2008 sj....i didn't think the 08 sj had trim...... so i called them and asked about the the set up they told me that they were listing the item becuse they new that most people didn't have $800 to spend on a trim kit and with this set up you could make your own.....and yes it did come off a stock super jet.......i didn't want to disagree with them becuse i have never seen an 08 and they are wamiltion's they do this for a living i just dabble......but i'm leaving in about 20 min to go with my buddy to pick up his 08 sj...so we sill see

blaster4life

couchez r 4 living rooms
i have my buddy's new 08 sj in my garage...it has the trim ring but it mounted to a solid bracket....... i'm willing to bet yammaha is going to come out with a kit to make it functional...basicaly the same thing everyone is building.......kinda cool by them

it has the trim ring but it mounted to a solid bracket
So the trim ring is there, so for a trim system on this is similar to all the other SJ's? or even easier? I have not got mine yet I am waiting for the day the deal calls me in so I don't have it right infront of me to look at, sorry for all the questions.

blaster4life

couchez r 4 living rooms
well i just unbolted the bracket and the stearing nossle has very little up throw......it's desinged for a drop nossle.........gay. From the looks of it the new pump set up will be harder to make a CATS. It could be done but your going to have to grind some of the pump off......i'll be getting my raider set up in about 4 days. Then i will be able to compare them. I willing to bet that yamaha will be selling a bolt on drop set up for the 08....it will do us freestylers no good......From looking over the ski i can say that i highly doubt that yamaha had freestyle/surf riders in mind......all the changes are made for racing.......very depressing. i was thinking about getting a 08. But i just can't justify buying the new ski when all the changes are made for racers....i'll save some $$$$ and get a 07 or older

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
I've got a complete X-2 trim setup off ebay that been sitting around, just need to pick up a terry cable and lever and rig it all up. also when 24-7 760 superjet and I were cutting up my hull we noticed a third tube through the hull above the cooling lines...maybe a pre-made trim tube? jsut need to bore it out and run the cable? interesting...

Top Bottom