DIY Total loss or MSD TL upgrade box 270USD?

Req

We talked about that before. There is no issue with acccuracy at all. If you are doing it on a single lump system then during that 56 degrees the engine rpm may change and cause inaccuracy. In this system as well as pretty much all pwc systems it’s wasted spark so ineffect it gets a reference pulse every 180 degrees not 360.

Oh gotcha, that was that guy that was muddying up the thread a few months back. My mistake for spreading bad info.

So, I am thinking about doing this on both my ’97 WB2 and ’96 WB1, but I have a few questions.

• For the WB1, I would like to use my existing E-box, because I already have it setup with the JSS relay terminal relocation and the OCD bilge pump wire harness (and I don’t want to have to buy a 760 box). If I get a 760 flywheel and stator with cover and wiring harness, can I just get parts 13 & 14 in the picture below and install them in the 62T box? Or is the box itself different?
  • If I want to grind the “bump” off with the flywheel while it is still in the WB2, will a Dremel do it or do I need something better?
  • For the 12v hook up to the CDI is a jumper from the battery side of the starter relay ok?
1541548164011.png

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Yes you can use the stock box
grinding the lump depends on how many angles you can bend your arms into
Yes you can hook straight to the power on the solenoid , i would put fuse in line as zeeltronic suggest

I did the modification in the ski on a wb2. Just used a small angle air grinder and it worked great. Compressed air afterwards to clean out the dust.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
So, I am thinking about doing this on both my ’97 WB2 and ’96 WB1, but I have a few questions.

• For the WB1, I would like to use my existing E-box, because I already have it setup with the JSS relay terminal relocation and the OCD bilge pump wire harness (and I don’t want to have to buy a 760 box). If I get a 760 flywheel and stator with cover and wiring harness, can I just get parts 13 & 14 in the picture below and install them in the 62T box? Or is the box itself different?
  • If I want to grind the “bump” off with the flywheel while it is still in the WB2, will a Dremel do it or do I need something better?
  • For the 12v hook up to the CDI is a jumper from the battery side of the starter relay ok?

We have 760 ebox rears if you want to just replace the back of ebox.

Just did exactly what you want to. Works great, and I have all of the same things you do. I used another stock fuse holder and just put a ring terminal on it hooked right to the battery side of the solenoi, and just trimmed the tabs off the zeeltronic.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I can’t wait to get this on a larger displacement and see how it does. What’s the easiest best? Way to remove the magnets from the 760 flywheel.
Hammer+ chisel/screwdriver.
Wack where they sit against the edge of the flywheel HARD and they'll pop right out.

Apparently heat helps for magnet removal. A guy I know is running this setup and he was having trouble removing the magnets and didn't want to get too rammy so he heated them up and they came out easy.

Can you post a pic of your engine. From your avatar it looks great!
The blue and orange is because I am a Denver Broncos fan (I know they suck right now, but I was born and raised in CO, so I think it is state law...lol). The purple F/As came with the ski. thinking about powder coating them blue or orange. Would look a lot better if I put a TNT chamber on ;-)

Attachments

• Motor.JPG
    Motor.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 117
So, one of the features of this ignition that I thought was interesting, that I have not seen mentioned, unless i missed it, is that you can program two different timing curves, and switch between them. Has anybody that is setup with this used this feature?

Top Bottom