Freestyle Epic curve thread

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I like the atp curve but I might come on a little sooner and fall off sooner as well

Im sure the ATP Curve feels like it hits way harder then it actually does in comparison to the Xmetal curve, The ATP curve starts at under 15 and tops out at 30, and the Xmetal curve only advances like 8 degrees

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
I ran Art's curve on my Dasa 760 and it hit real nice. I think it had more potential if I had increased my prop. All in all though his curve was spot on for my engine. Im gonna try wax's curve on my Dasa ss850 and see what's what. I may hate the lightswtch effect though. I ride 99% flatwater so I'm hoping to love the hit. I'm hooking it to a jetmaniac 144 mag so it oughta be the shizz. Fingers crossed.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
This is the curve I'm using to break in my motor, I have ZERO will power to hammer on the throttle as soon as I drop my ski in to the water, I was told by my builder to take it easy for 4-5 tanks of gas, So I've set my Rev limit to 5000 for the first tank and every tank Im going to raise the limit by 500...
Breakin.jpg

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Prolly a good idea to do it that way. I'd be wanting to grab a handful of throttle after about 30 secs. No way could I run 4-5 full tanks of gas just babying it.

This is the curve I'm using to break in my motor, I have ZERO will power to hammer on the throttle as soon as I drop my ski in to the water, I was told by my builder to take it easy for 4-5 tanks of gas, So I've set my Rev limit to 5000 for the first tank and every tank Im going to raise the limit by 500...
Breakin.jpg

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
when i got my ss865 i had to take it easy for the first tank.... but when a builder says take it easy it means normally not to go WOT

Yep same here. For both my 771 and 865, just no WOT for the first 1/2 tank (30min ride time) then after that beat the F out of them. I used the epic curve that chuck preprogrammed.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I wouldnt be setting my limit to 5000
I would set it to normal limit you are going to use.
You need to make sure you get on it a little bit other wise it will heat up on the exhaust side and not the intake and you get strange wear marks on the pistons.
You want a uniform heat or close to it on the piston. Dont rape it flat out but it needs to go through the rev range

Anyone have a curve set up fpr

I have a Rickter FS 2 with the following motor info:

6 mil stroker motor with 89 mm 951 Pistons. Probably makes it around a 930?
Im running high compression around 225 in each cylinder. I run race fuel because of the high compression.
I run a b pipe and would like to advance the timing around 28 degrees
Anyone have a curve they could show me to run in my Epic?
Thanks
Peter

One of my skis has a curve similar to waxheads in post #4, except that I run a line from 14 deg. at zero to full advance at 2000 rpm- makes for a better idle when traversing a no wake zone. If that seems to radical for you, you might try any of the ones pictured.

Attachments

• Epic SS865 2nd curve.JPG
    Epic SS865 2nd curve.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Epic SS865 5th curve.JPG
    Epic SS865 5th curve.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Scotts curve ATP.JPG
    Scotts curve ATP.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Scotts curve.JPG
    Scotts curve.JPG