Finally a Carbon/Kevlar Mod Blaster

What is the resoivar on the shaft mount for? I have and only seen grease nipples did you switch to a oil? If so why and how did you convert it?

Thanks
Yes it is an oil resevoir, just hadn't worked out where to mount it yet.
Changing from grease feed to oil feed bearings makes a big difference on how easily the shaft spins (or how little power is required to spin it). I have done this on all the skis I've built.
With the blaster/superjet type housing is much harder than many other housings where you just change the grease for oil & then feed it.
With the blaster/superjet setup you start with new bearing & seals, remove the shields & grease from the bearing, replace the front seal, machine a specially shaped brass ring to replace the middle seal, use the same part number seal for the back as the front, drill out the grease feed hole, machine a brass hose insert & press into housing, re-angle grease feed hole inside housing, attach a resevoir & fill it with oil.

Is that the finsh straight out of moulds or do you clear coat after? either way it looks unreal!
Thanks, some of the finishes are straight from the mold, like the early pics of the hull & the latest pics of the engine mount bases & fuel tank mounts, etc.
The carbon finish straight from the mold has a satin type finish.
The latest pics of the hull is after it has been sprayed with an industrial marine 2 pack clear.

That thing is amazing!!! It would be nice to see that go into production!
Great job guys!! looks really nice!

Because where running a rear mounted waterbox, we wanted to have the most direct path as possible, keep all the heat on one side & all the cool air on the carb side.
The mod chamber was modified by cutting the straight pipe coming from the centre bleed & welding on a stainless bend the same ID as the straight pipe.
A taper was formed to go from the bend to a slightly larger diameter to fit directly into the oem rubber exhaust tube.
This gets rid of heat from the engine bay & creates heaps more space in front of the motor to mount the battery. We wanted to move some of the weight forward & low, so mounting the battery here & to the bottom of the hull was a good start. The battery is mounted to one side to give better balance to the ski.
We wanted to use or modify as many oem blaster parts as possible to make it easier if someone already had a blaster. They could directly bolt-in or modify stock parts to fit the carbon blaster.
The oem rubber exhaust tube was cut into 5 pieces, piece 2 & 4 were used to make a more direct shorter tube which fits perfectly from the mod chamber through the bulkhead to the waterbox.
Attached is a pic of the modified rubber tube fitted.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
A view of the bulkhead in place after the topdeck has been bonded together.
The hood has a carbon plate either side that is molded to the curves of the hood & attaches with 4 x 4mm countersunk titanium screws. These plates hold the front of the seat firmly in place & stop it from flapping around.
A recess is molded into the side of the hood for the plates to sit flush.

Attachments

• PIC_0051.jpg
    PIC_0051.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 131
  • PIC_0052.jpg
    PIC_0052.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 98
  • PIC_0053.jpg
    PIC_0053.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 59
  • PIC_0054.jpg
    PIC_0054.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 60
  • PIC_0055.jpg
    PIC_0055.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 78
  • PIC_0056.jpg
    PIC_0056.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 64
  • PIC_0057.jpg
    PIC_0057.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 58
  • PIC_0058.jpg
    PIC_0058.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I just saw the pics and im about to sneak of with them and have a moment
damn thats awesome steve great job
I havent seen it all together

I just saw the pics and im about to sneak of with them and have a moment
damn thats awesome steve great job
I havent seen it all together
Hope you enjoy your moment!
Jay & Cambo are going to test it on Thursday morning, so where armed with 3 different length steering nozzles, a carbon extended ride plate & a fibreglass sacraficial rideplate that is 1 inch shorter than the carbon - we can keep cutting length off the fibreglass plate untill we find what works the best

Some more pics of the hood showing the dash to mount Tacho or similar, visor shades dash & angle is made for best view of LED screen.
Inside of hood shows UMI mounted directly to carbon & layout of both steering & trim cables.
Purple UMI bars feel good for circuit racing, but a bit low for surf (purple colour probably needs to go!)

Attachments

• PIC_0076.jpg
    PIC_0076.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 150
  • PIC_0086.jpg
    PIC_0086.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 147
  • PIC_0087.jpg
    PIC_0087.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 98
  • PIC_0186.jpg
    PIC_0186.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 99
  • PIC_0088.jpg
    PIC_0088.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Some more pics of the hood showing the dash to mount Tacho or similar, visor shades dash & angle is made for best view of LED screen.
Inside of hood shows UMI mounted directly to carbon & layout of both steering & trim cables.
Purple UMI bars feel good for circuit racing, but a bit low for surf (purple colour probably needs to go!)

Haha. I think all black bars would look pretty sick!

Top Bottom