Hand guns

that pump winchester is a gem....takedown model

dont ever sell it

I actually thought about trading it in, but decided against it. Its a neat little gun. My 'gun guy' had a good look at it and said it didn't have very many rounds run through it. An old Hawaiian guy who was a friend of the family gave it to me. Along with a M1 .30 carbine, 16 gauge pump, 41 mag winchester revolver, .22 semi auto pistol, and a couple thousand rounds.

Traded the 41 mag even up for the LC9. Best trade ever.

I'm not sure how many guns I need...but I can think of at least a half dozen more I think I need!

LMAO!!! I was talking about concealability. Some choices are big and uncomfortable for everyday/all day carry. A .22 in hand is better than a .45 in the drawer. I run the Kel-Tec 3At with Corbon Powerball, hopefully it gets me to the truck. It is so small that I actually forget about it. I have jumped in the river once with it or gone in a place that I shouldnt have because I forget about it. They also make a model a tad bit larger that is chambered in 9mm Parabellum.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Don't get me wrong, the guns big. I'm sure people notice it, but it's "concealed". But I love the gun. I have big hands and anything other than a full frame gun feels stupid to me. Ill take a pic of it on my hip covered up with a regular large tee tomorrow. You guys know you wanna see me in some shorts and a tee

In Texas, if it "patterns" its not concealed. They get pretty serious about it so I run a small, comfortable firearm to hopefully get me away. Larger would be nice,but to obtrusive for me. Glad it works for you. Do you have it at all times? I put mine on just like a belt and socks all day everyday.

Last edited:

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
I work for the govt on an AFB. So no. Not at all times. My gun used to be on me as much as my wallet til I got my base job. But if I'm not at work the guns usually on me. I got out of the habit of - wallet, keys, hat, belt, and gun when I got this job.

Thats usually my rule. If I grab my wallet, I grab my gun. Since the permit is in my wallet. Unless I'm grabbing my wallet with the plan of heading to the bar to get all wang chung, then I leave the gun. I wouldn't want to carry anything bigger than my lc9 on a daily basis.

I'm probably going to pick up one of those tiny little .22 mag revolvers. I forget who makes them. But they make the one model that has the butt of the gun that actually folds over the rest of the gun, and has a stainless clip. So you'd clip it in your pocket just like a knife, and it would look just like a knife. Then I would never have a excuse for not having it on me. Only problem I see with that is I'll eventually end up getting pissed and probably shooting a perfectly good cow.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Yeah...just right, lol. I had to run to the house for a bigger rifle on more than one occasion. My father always swore the 22LR was more than enough but he put 10 rounds behind the ear of a steer once and it was still walking around like nothing happened. He did the same thing on a 400lb boar and had to finish it off with a 26oz Estwing framing hammer. Just another day for my father, AKA "The serial Pet Killer".

Went to the range to shoot the Sig P226 today but they were all out of 9mm ammo and the attendant wouldn't let me shoot my ammo in a range gun. Got a really good lesson from the other attendant on how to shoot with both eyes open though. So used to closing one eye looking down the barrel of a rifle that it's actually quite a foreign concept to me. I ended up with some pretty tight grouping but nowhere near the bullseye. I ran thru my 100 round allowance way too quick and I was just starting to dial it in when I ran out. My last five rounds with both eyes open were all touching within a 1"circle but 4" low at 10 yards and 2" to the left. Can't wait to practice, practice, practice some more.

I have shot both eyes open for years. It can be difficult to get used to but really pays off during close quarter drills. I have been shooting my rifles that way too,even when using my 10X NightForce scope. Good practice and I think you'll benefit in the future.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I was carrying a compact 1911 for about 4 years. I liked the slim single stack.

Ive since moved to a 4" model with a standard 8 round mag. I'm very concious of 'printing' through my shirts etc.
But yes, I carry 90% of the time.

I have a white hat holster that is super comfy but my glock 23 still prints a bit if im wearing just a t shirt.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Slightly off-topic, kinda, but I have an opportunity to buy a brand new still in the box Smith&Wesson M&P AR-15, for $1200 cash, no paper work. Its from a good friend, so its not stolen lol.

I don't really NEED this gun at all. I have like ten rifles, but no ARs. I'm considering buying it and just sitting on it. Maybe it'll be worth more later? At $1200 I don't think I'd ever lose money on it if I never shoot it. Whatcha think?

Top Bottom