ksarge's superjet build

Scrath the duct tape picture. I have a better idea. Gonna match the back instead of doing the 2 lines coming down the back. I'll post pics wednesday when I glass it up....

Last edited:
^^Thanks!!!

Alright, question.

My plans for the engine are a B-pipe or sizzler in addition to the R&D O-ring head on there right now.

I might be able to swing another mod come spring depending on how much I spend on everything else I still need.

Would I be better off just getting a girdled head or keeping the R&D and having my flywheel lightened? Or keep the R&D and get different carbs maybe? Looking into maybe having some rec porting done so if I can work something out with that I'll do that.

Anyone know anything about the head on there. I haven't run it yet, I ran a stock head with 12 thousanths taken off last season. All I know is that it's an R&D 170 psi O-ring head??? Anyone know what rings I should run?

Also, It has one threaded hole for cooling already on the flywheel side. The boss farthest to the back and opposte side of the other boss's on the coupler side is threaded all the way through. Should I run a line from the manifold to the rear, then a line to a pisser from the front? Maybe just tap a new hole at the rear? I'm not gonna do anything until I get the pipe.

Last edited:

Bobert540

Site Supporter
If I were you I would go with a girdled head, especially since you will be doing rolls and whatnot. Better to protect your investment.

P.s. There is a nice Coffman Sizzler on Ebay right now.

Keep up the good work!

Bobert540

Site Supporter
"Investment" lol you know what I mean. You want to keep a running ski vs. a broken ski.... always use a girdle haha

If you want to do anything with the carbs I would contact Art at Jetworks, especially if you get a pipe.

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
You know what, I never thought of that... Do you know what kind of kind of valves did he run?

Something like this maybe??

http://www.flomatic.com/index.asp?lg=1&w=pages&pid=174

Ok well I was in the store yesterday for some other stuff and just took a picture of the valves! I was wrong on who made them. they are made by Guzzler! The store owner said most people don't know about them.
I will tell you one thing it is amazing how much water is not inside the boat when you have check valves on 2- 3/4" bildge hoses.

Attachments

• one way valves 001.jpg
    one way valves 001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 123
  • one way valves 002.jpg
    one way valves 002.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

jerzey

Squares For Life
So you're thinkin bout some rec porting huh? Nice mail lady just dropped a set of 61X templates off..Yeah my boat is gonna have a little more go next year. You're welcome to borrow them. Came with intructions(destructions?) and doesn't seem that hard..hehe..I'm not scared!

So you're thinkin bout some rec porting huh? Nice mail lady just dropped a set of 61X templates off..Yeah my boat is gonna have a little more go next year. You're welcome to borrow them. Came with intructions(destructions?) and doesn't seem that hard..hehe..I'm not scared!

Nice man! Let's see some pictures. I'll let you know about the templates. I read some home-porting threads and you're right, it really dosen't seem that difficult. What's the worst that can happen? haha

You get that 550 runnin right yet?

Top Bottom