Super Jet Newbs first ski build. 90 SN

My vents will be the dual breather pole bracket. Thought about that for a while but it should be alright. Some a/m hulls only use dual pole breather. for materials I used 3:1 epoxy resin, 1708 biaxial, 1208 biaxial, eglass tape, cabosil, microballons, 2 part foam, and black dye to make the resin colored (not needed just for looks)

2013-02-07_10-57-11_535_zpsc9634e4a.jpg

I have weighed it on 2 different scales using 2 different methods and come up with about +/- 1 pound of deviance. I have weighed just the hull on the scales. Then I weighed myself, amd weighed myself holding the hull. I did both methods on both scales 3 times and came up with 95-97 pounds with the most common number being 96.

Hm
My RN Superjet complete cut in rear and front is around 53 kg = 116,844999 Pfund

without new layers, just cutted

Is mine still to heavy?

Not bad, I was very surprised when mine came out as light as it did. I made sure to squeegee out all the excess resin as I was laying glass. I also cut off a lot of stock material. I even cut out part of the stock firewall which seemed to be one of the heavier parts so that the front of the tray followed the hood angle. It is odd though we weighed a friends SN hull that had the tray cut out, defoamed, no Exhaust, and part of the back hacked off for shortening and it weighed in at 93 pounds. Maybe I just got one of the ultra lightweight metton/SMC SN's lol?

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
I wonder how much my RN hull weights..... It's completely stripped down. Maybe I should find some meat scale somewhere. I can easily lift it up with my arms.

Hm
My RN Superjet complete cut in rear and front is around 53 kg = 116,844999 Pfund

without new layers, just cutted

Is mine still to heavy?

Is that with the hood or just the hull?

Last edited:
Top Bottom